News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

It happened....

Started by Forum, January 22, 2013, 04:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyco-RC

Hello.

This is coming from personal experience, I used to cut myself, now i'm getting tattoo's to cover them up. I understand when you say it feels good and 'helps' but it really doesn't. At the time yeah, you do feel better but the more you do it, the worse it will get. It may feels good or makes things better a few mins/hours, or even days afterwards but from my experience, I ending up doing it more an more, just to get the same effect. After doing it for about a year I found myself in a very dark and lonely place. I never used to have many freinds or talk to anyone for that matter but thats how I liked it. I used to spend my school days sitting on my own, drawing all day. I find that if you have a hobbie or something you enjoy doing, if its by yourself or with your friends/family, it really helps take your mind of things and gets you focused on the things you enjoy.

Even today I still feel like doing it and I strongly believe it has become an addiction but when that feeling comes, I put on some music and sit down to draw.

If there's anything you need or want to ask something just PM me. Even though I don't really know you like many of the Forum members, I'd be happy to talk to you and help you in anyway I could.

Look after youeself and take care.
- 2nd Place Finish in Danimals 6th Tournament -

venuse

i know people can be very cruel in this world but that doesnt mean that you should be cruel to yourself. ive encountered a good number of people in my life that have treated me poorly. you should try to find an outlet that makes you feel good or good about your self. maybe its exercising, maybe its reading books, drawing or hell just getting a punching bag and just welling on it. one of the reasons i started doing stuff for stick online is because at that time i had gotten out of high school and i couldnt find a job, i didnt really have any friends, i didnt even have a car, and i was living with my dad. i felt worthless and a bum, even though i didnt make money off of doing art for so it gave me meaning it made me feel like i wasnt worthless and a bum and gave me a little bit of hope for the future. it took me 4 years of putting in job applications, quitting jobs, to finally find a job i could do and keep. since getting that job i have found within myself a far greater since of self-worth and self confidence, although still not enough to ask out a girl. it takes time,determination,patience and hope. try not to loose hope man, things will get better, it just might take alittle while. 

Freeforall

The last time Forum was active/online was about 30 minutes after he posted this. Has anyone heard from him? :/

Yankyal

Quote from: Freeforall on January 27, 2013, 09:22:37 PM
The last time Forum was active/online was about 30 minutes after he posted this. Has anyone heard from him? :/
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

venuse

i really hope hes ok.  pls post forum just to let us know you are ok. even if it is nothing more then posting the word "here"

Lingus

I have been thinking the same thing since last week. I sent him a PM but haven't gotten a response. Anyone have another means of contacting him besides this forum?

I think we're all a bit traumatized, and rightly so... But I wouldn't jump to the worst conclusions just yet. It's very possible that some people don't check these forums all that often.

Freeforall

I'm sorry for even bringing that up, it's way too soon to jump to a conclusion. It just really scares me...

I will try to find another way to contact him.

Forum, if you do get online and you read this, PLEASE don't do anything to harm yourself again. A lot of us on here have gone through the same thing in the past, as have I. There are so many things to do in life, so many things you would not believe. When you get older, the things that kids said in school will have absolutely no impact on your life.

You saw with your own eyes what the passing of Seifer did to the community. It literally tore it apart, and that event will never be forgotten. It's a terrible thing, and I'm not going to sit back and let it happen again. Please post something soon, Forum.

EDIT: I sent a message directly to his email account, hopefully I'll get a response, or at least a (seen) confirmation.

Meiun

Middle/High schoolers can be vicious. That phase of life is often the worst for many people. Trust me, things are absolutely destined to get significantly better. It's also no joke that there is a noticeable trend with people who are jerks in that phase of life often ending up less happy down the road. People who naturally treat others like crap often end up engraining that kind of behavior as their default way of dealing with people, while everyone else grows up enough to realize what a fool/douche they are for acting that way.

Whether you realize it or not, I know there are many people here (myself included) who have always thought of you as a welcome member of this community. A lot of people here I'm sure would gladly have your back if you ever felt you needed a hand. If you want to talk or anything feel free to PM me and I can give you my IM/skype info, just let me know.

Also, to the rest of the community. Based on the forum logs it doesn't seem like forum always visits super frequently.

Freeforall

Okay, really, this is getting a bit scary to me. How long has it been since he has posted?

Yankyal

Quote from: Freeforall on February 10, 2013, 04:08:52 AM
Okay, really, this is getting a bit scary to me. How long has it been since he has posted?
this forum is virtually dead so he probably coms back every couple of weeks like i do.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Forum

Thanks for the support and help guys, it means a a lot. I' ve been halting cutting for a while but don't know for how long for i want to try it again. Some of what i first said still holds true, but hopefully with track season coming up i can see some improvement, and yeah when i get a chance i will chat with some of you if you want too. 
Officially quitted

Specialboy

I haven't seen this mentioned for a while, so I'll post this
I spent a good portion of my life, longer than I wish I had, hoping things would get better. Eventually, I forgot what happy was, and at the time, I thought my brief period of being slightly less miserable was things going away, but it wasn't. I'm finally better now because of anti-depressants. Sometimes meds help. It's something to consider that worked very well for me. First time in three years I feel happy.

11clock

Quote from: Specialboy on February 23, 2013, 11:56:04 PM
I spent a good portion of my life, longer than I wish I had, hoping things would get better. Eventually, I forgot what happy was, and at the time, I thought my brief period of being slightly less miserable was things going away, but it wasn't. I'm finally better now because of anti-depressants. Sometimes meds help. It's something to consider that worked very well for me. First time in three years I feel happy.

Meds help greatly, but you don't want to be soley reliant on them for happyness. The happyness they give you is artificial. Having to rely on anti-depressants for happyness is actually quite sad. I suggest talking to someone.

Lingus

Quote from: 11clock on February 24, 2013, 08:59:15 AM
Quote from: Specialboy on February 23, 2013, 11:56:04 PM

Meds help greatly, but you don't want to be soley reliant on them for happyness. The happyness they give you is artificial. Having to rely on anti-depressants for happyness is actually quite sad. I suggest talking to someone.
That's not really fair. Depression is a disease like any other. You wouldn't tell someone with a heart condition that it's "actually quite sad" that they have to take a medication to live. Certainly, you should be seeing a therapist on a regular basis if you have depression, but therapy alone does not work for some people. They need anti-depressants so that the chemical make-up of their brain allows them to be happy.

DarkTrinity

I think that's a huge problem with society right now. People think of depression as some sort of social awkwardness instead of an actual medical problem. Some people do in fact need medication to actually feel happy, happiness isn't just an emotion, like Lingus said it's something that is physically going on in your brain.
And I'm sure that's part of the reason people with depression don't seek out medical help, because they don't want to be the "weird kid" on anti-depressants.