News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ancient Nuclear War

Started by Matty_Richo, February 05, 2013, 05:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_Richo

I found this article today explaining a theory that there was a nuclear war about prior to 2000BC. I thought with the discussion regarding religion on these forums recently some of you might find it interesting.

You can find it at http://ancientnuclearwar.com/.

It's an interesting theory with some good evidence to back it up. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I do think it makes some very interesting points.

crozier

You know he used sources from wikipedia, right...? Also the tone of the essay was sooo hoacky and childish. Its just one of those conspiracy theory.
And I'm sure we would have found some sort of advanced technology from the 2000BC mark, other than stone tools.
And the first "sea of glass" was in the Trinity Site in New Mexico, not Nevada.
And using myths to back up a theory is idiotic, like, using Atlantis as a reason why there was nuclear warfare is simply foolish.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: crozier on February 05, 2013, 06:22:45 PM
You know he used sources from wikipedia, right...? Also the tone of the essay was sooo hoacky and childish. Its just one of those conspiracy theory.
And I'm sure we would have found some sort of advanced technology from the 2000BC mark, other than stone tools.
And using myths to back up a theory is idiotic, like, using Atlantis as a reason why there was nuclear warfare is simply foolish.

I think you are quite right, and I know that most of his Biblical evidence is bogus. But I do think there is a possibility that ancient civilizations were more technologically advanced than we give them credit for.

Hikarikuen

They lost me at the Moon part, although I'd wager that's farther than most people get. Ideas like this are always interesting, but this one doesn't seem to hold much water.

JoEL

You know he used sources from wikipedia

Kind of irrelevant, seeing as Wikipedia is quite a reliable source nowadays thanks to the Wikipedia fact fanatics out there.

Well that would kind of ruin it, being a "theory" and all.

A bit harsh, but I found it to be quite a good read, was pretty funny.  :)

Titan

I wouldn't say it ever really convinced me of anything, but I thought it was a decent read for a insane conspiracy theory.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Yankyal

Quote from: Matty_Richo on February 05, 2013, 09:56:37 PM

I think you are quite right, and I know that most of his Biblical evidence is bogus. But I do think there is a possibility that ancient civilizations were more technologically advanced than we give them credit for.
i actually don't think there is a possibility. like, at all. not nearly on the level he is talking about either.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Jackabomb

A good laugh. Nothing more.

Agreed that Biblical citations are bogus. One might be able to logically draw those conclusions if you're running with a confirmation bias the size of Manhattan (pun intended) and discard essentially every insight ever on scriptural interpretation.

Agreed that claims to scientific methodology is bogus. Scientific understandings are arrived at by repeating experiments in a controlled environment. This is impossible to do with a historical event.

Agreed that evidential proof is bogus. Go into any court of law and try using material of that quality to prove your case. You'll be lucky if they let you walk back out instead of sending you to an institution.

Agreed that, nevertheless, it's funny and amusing to think about.

Verdict: Hoax. Probably not unlike the Dihydrogen Monoxide problem. Which was, I'll point out, a much better hoax that got me to second-guess my knowledge of chemical nomenclature.