News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

A good headset for recording videos?

Started by Freeforall, February 11, 2013, 05:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

Hey, recently my cheap $30 headset died, and I was wondering what would be a replacement. I don't want something too expensive, I just want the voice to be decent quality. I can go in Audacity and clean up the sound if it needs to be done aswell. I just don't really know what to look for, spec wise.

Thanks!

Matty_Richo

I use a Microsoft lx-3000. It's pretty good for a low budget headset and the sound quality is fairly clear.

RayRay

I recently got this H390 for Christmas. It's pretty fair for $29, and it is also very comfortable and not so loud to neighbors. The microphone on this has a pop filter, so it almost sounds like those screen microphones with the big circle, except that if you touch it, expect some rubbing noises. It stays still at all times, however. I find a good position for the microphone to be at eye level. It won't recording much breathing noise and you can still be loud.

(In combination with my External Hard Drive, I am able to make YouTube videos now! I just need a better video editor.)

Freeforall

Quote from: RayRay on February 11, 2013, 08:24:54 PM
I recently got this H390 for Christmas. It's pretty fair for $29, and it is also very comfortable and not so loud to neighbors. The microphone on this has a pop filter, so it almost sounds like those screen microphones with the big circle, except that if you touch it, expect some rubbing noises. It stays still at all times, however. I find a good position for the microphone to be at eye level. It won't recording much breathing noise and you can still be loud.

(In combination with my External Hard Drive, I am able to make YouTube videos now! I just need a better video editor.)
I'll probably end up getting this one. And for a video editor, I use Audacity to remove static noise from the microphone, and Virtualdub to compress the video.

EDIT: That headset has some pretty nasty reviews on Amazon... I'm not sure if I should listen to them or not haha

Turkey

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Turkey on February 12, 2013, 12:35:22 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158082
Very comfortable headset that me and a couple other friends use.

The audio in this headset is quite good, a couple of my friends have it, however the microphone isn't all the great in my experience.

Freeforall

Hmm. I had looked at the Fatal1ty one earlier. I was considering it, but I want something with good voice quality. I could care less about the speaker quality to be honest. I wouldn't mind just having a desktop microphone thing either.

brannborn

I use Astro A40 and recommend it for you !
the best i had so far :)
The Gamers is players and
The Players is the gamers !