News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Tournament / Event Ideas

Started by Danimal, October 27, 2013, 01:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

Hey, so with the temporary open registration there has been a nice increase in activity, which I think is great.

Now, I think it could be cool to dust off your GS's and get a PvP element going on again, so with that in mind I am willing to host a traditional tournament, maybe with a low level category so the new lowbies can fight it out.

Any suggestions are welcome to create an 'event' of some sort to get people back into the spirit and something to strive for I guess.

So if I were to do something along these lines I would like to see how many people would be interested.

tehrozzy

Sounds good. I'll try to be there if it happens, though timezones will probably screw me over like usual.

Jayce

I'll do it if there is a low level category, though what level would be considered low?

Titan

I'd be interested, though I know that I'd have to grind to hit 99 to be able to really compete.

I always like the FFA's and stuff that went along with a lot of tournaments.
Livin' in a lonely world.

TANK

maybe for the newb bracket  they could get their own prize..the worthless nub hat (-1,-1,-1,-1 + 0.5 fall speed) and it could just look like a regular shady hat.

Loganvz123

I have a few ideas:
Ranked Seeding - In the past we have had random seeding, which has proved kind of inefficient as low levels are almost always paired off with a level 99/100 on the first round,
I think you should enter the names into the randomizer...into age brackets.
E.G. Level 1-30 names, 31-50,51-80,81-100

First Prize:
Item of choice + 5 Deluxe Presents
Second Prize:
4 Deluxe Presents
Third Prize:
3 Deluxe Presents.

If you want to promote the popularity of the tournament you should also do more than make a topic about it.
Chances are not every one of the players in the game checks the forum frequently.
You should also get Meiun to change the news to have a reminder about it, and don't forget to bluetext it a little whenever you're on.

Matty_Richo

One idea I had, which may be a bit too much for the current moderating team to handle, would be to have a Stick-Online festival (or whatever you wanna call it). 24 hours of non-stop fun in the Stick Online world, the day could be filled with various things such as spawn parties, different types of tournaments, king of the hill events, find the invisible GM, Stick-Online world race, etc.
This would allow for players in all different countries to enjoy it and could potentially spawn an annual Stick-Day or something.

Danimal

I consider lowbies to be any account under 99, but for two categories to really work there needs to be a considerable amount of people in both.

@Titan & @Matty I will always be up for those kinds of things providing there are enough people on at any one time, they do not take as much preparation and can be spontaneous.

@Logan I heard what you're saying and I agree. However in previous donor tournaments there isn't the player count to hold substantial categories to make it even. due to the influx of new accounts it would be practical to give them their own category this time. I will try and bracket similar level'd players together and make it fun for everyone. I will be making a more official topic once the idea is finalized and enough interest is shown, as well as mentioning it in-game.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Danimal on October 28, 2013, 04:10:07 PM

@Titan & @Matty I will always be up for those kinds of things providing there are enough people on at any one time, they do not take as much preparation and can be spontaneous.

I was more thinking that we have one that is well prepared and set out. So you would actually have some sort of schedule mapped out beforehand.
Example:
    All times in X timezone
    • 00.00 - Spawn Party in the town
    • 00.30 - Find the invisible GM - Prize = X
    • 01.00 - RB hunting at the mountain (guaranteed RB ever 5 minutes)
    • 02.00 - King of the Hill on the Mountain - Prize = X
    • 02.30 - Tournament at the arena - Prize = X
    • 03.00 - Spawn Party at the Arena
    • 03.30 - World Race - Prize = X
    • etc.

This way people know what is happening, they know that there is something constantly happening and there will be something going on the whole day so people from all time zones will be included. Hopefully the community environment on that day will extend into the future for a little while.

Disasteroid

I think there's plenty lowbies that would love a lowbie catagory. Although you may have to decide if players are allowed to use alts to compete in both catagories. If a lvl 99/100 was only allowed to compete in that catagory it would allow the real newstarts have a better chance in the lowbie catagory.

crozier

I personally would love to compete in both the 99/100 and 99<x categories. I think I would be more worried about the newb battles, heh. 1 player has a gs already, another guy has a sh, there are a few pure str accounts being made, and a lot of wild cards. Completely different threats than tank variations and quick spire users.
For the lowbies category, perhaps the people that started before or on last Friday (the day registration opened back up?) Cause if it was 1-99 it would be just a matter of level. Without a doubt a 70-98 would win. The games not balanced enough to have skill>level.

Titan

Quote from: crozier on October 30, 2013, 10:11:52 AM
I personally would love to compete in both the 99/100 and 99<x categories. I think I would be more worried about the newb battles, heh. 1 player has a gs already, another guy has a sh, there are a few pure str accounts being made, and a lot of wild cards. Completely different threats than tank variations and quick spire users.
For the lowbies category, perhaps the people that started before or on last Friday (the day registration opened back up?) Cause if it was 1-99 it would be just a matter of level. Without a doubt a 70-98 would win. The games not balanced enough to have skill>level.

The only thing about the under 99 thing, is like I can tell unless this is in a month I won't hit 99. So like You'd have me and a few others more or less dominating the lowbie bracket.(Well not me, I suck at pvp) I think like under 70 or 80 would make more fair competition.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Manamy

Just wonder how fair it is for those 30's to fight vs someone who is lower than 99 (Lets say 91 +DH and GS) or so..

crozier

@Manamy- (welcome to the forum)
It would be extremely unfair. Without a doubt, I don't even care what the 91's stats are (even if they have 1/1/1/91 or something crazy and not meant for pvp), the 91 (or anything above level 80) could tank the 30. Leveling up increases your hp, and dragoon is already very good. 10 stat points in agility or 12 in vit can make a huge difference between battlers and 60 points difference would make the lowbie extremely underpowered. When I was in my 90s I had over 40 vitality+ a dark knight helm and I could let a level 30 player hit me all day, while sitting, and I'd be fine. I could let a 40 or even 50 hit me all day (depending on their stats and items of course) and would be alright. I might be exaggerating a little, as I haven't tested this, but you get my point ;)

@Titan-
Under 70 sounds pretty fair (perhaps even under 60). I don't think a normal 70 could take down a 100 (seeing that most of the people that are level 100 know the game by heart and have 34 stat points more), but having 2 brackets would probably be the best approach.

Edit-
Also, what about green berets, are they going to be allowed, if there is a new tourny? If a lowbie has a gb, it would probably give a rather unfair advantage. More than having a GS, I would say. GB gives 2-3 free hits (depending on the opponent's str), which can make a huge difference. What are your guy's thoughts on gbs?

Danimal

Taking into account that wherever I draw the line between "low-level" and such, there are going to be people either side of that line who will lose out.

With that said I do agree with lowering it from 98 because of the new players and the time frame till the tournament. So 65 and under will be the level classification for the low level category.

@Matty I know what you meant but it would take a lot more hosting and moderation, and I personally would rather people be on and have a spontaneous chance of being around for one. Rather than giving people a time to log in and log off again. The idea being that this is to bring people to actually play the game with, not just add to a number count per event.