News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Havin' some troubles getting my nostalgic game back.

Started by g00gle, October 30, 2013, 09:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g00gle

I've reinstalled Stick Online, to play it once again. Once I open it, it pops open the screen that says loading, then opens a black screen, then instantly closes. Any fix for this?

Loganvz123

Which version of Windows are you running?
Which CPU and GPU do you have?
Are you running any third party software which may trip Stick Online's Security Sensors? (Namely HEX Editors, hacking tools)
Are you running as an administrator and have you tried running in compatibility mode?

g00gle

Quote from: Loganvz123 on October 30, 2013, 11:30:29 PM
Which version of Windows are you running? 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium
Which CPU and GPU do you have? AMD FX Eight core processor ; AMD Radeon HD 6900
Are you running any third party software which may trip Stick Online's Security Sensors? (Namely HEX Editors, hacking tools) Nope, don't even have any installed.
Are you running as an administrator and have you tried running in compatibility mode?Yeah, that's two of the first things I tried.

The Computer I'm rolling with, isn't some $300 gateway PC, I've spent time and money finding these parts. I know my way around computers, and can usually diagnose these issues, but with college. It's pretty hard to spend the time figuring out something like this.

Loganvz123

That's interesting. I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 also, plus the same CPU and a Radeon HD 7850, so it's not exactly like our systems are that different.
That 'black screen' is the Updater.
It uses direct IP downloading through a .exe.
This is a HUGE red flag for Antivirus softwares, and firewalls.
Make sure it isn't being blocked by:
Antivirus Software
Windows Firewall
Router Firewall.

It sounds like a firewall/security function, the fact that the game starts up fine and loads means it's probably something to do with the downloading protocol. Have a poke around.
If it helps, I'm using BitDefender and I have to make like 4 rules before I could play Stick Online.

g00gle

Mmm, yeah that could be it. Really hope that works. Currently using Comodo Antivirus, going to deactivate rq to check. Thanks for the info. I'll edit once I try.

EDIT: Yeah, I shut down my anti-virus etc. and, it DID open. However, I accidentally had Cheat Engine installed still from awhile back, and got rid of every single file that even had cheat in the name. And it is STILL showing the error of me not being able to connect because I have some type of cheat program installed.

Loganvz123

You're going to have to open up Regedit and remove the keys from the registry.

Meiun

The easiest solution to that problem is just to download CCleaner (free and trust-worthy product): http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner and do a registry scan. It will find invalid/unused entries and allow you to remove them. Also a great tool for cleaning up free space on your computer in general.