News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Selling prices

Started by Matty_Richo, November 08, 2013, 08:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_Richo

I apologise in advance to anyone that wastes their time reading this post.

This is entirely unimportant but it is something that has bugged me for years.

Why do the top tier items only sell for 10 gold? It just seems silly to me that my wooden stick is worth more than my spire dagger.

The only thing I can think of is that it would discourage people from selling their rare items, but by the time you're likely to be getting those items gold isn't really worth anything.

Like I said, this is entirely unimportant but it has something that has bugged me ever since the desert update.

JoEL

The only thing I can think of is that it would discourage people from selling their rare items

That's the only reason. Or at least the only reason I've ever heard from other players in the past, I am also interested to know if there is any other reasons why.
Let's face it though, gold is worthless in this game majority of the time.

Mik1

My guess would be that 10 gold is the default value in items and since selling a rare item to get gold isn't really usefull at any point. If you get a rare item early youre super lucky and you become more powerfull compared to your level since there is no level requiments in this game (something i really like)

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Mik1 on November 08, 2013, 08:59:52 AM
My guess would be that 10 gold is the default value in items and since selling a rare item to get gold isn't really usefull at any point. If you get a rare item early youre super lucky and you become more powerfull compared to your level since there is no level requiments in this game (something i really like)

I would still imagine that Meiun would have to set each item's price (I am not sure how it's coded). I guess though that could be applied to virtually everything rarer than a dagger or a bandit mask though, once you are at that stage in the game, money becomes useless so it doesn't make sense that a Green Beret sells for 20k yet a GS or DBE sells for 10 gold...

ARTgames

It was something like he wanted to market to come up with a fair price. But trading just never happen in SO2.