News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Eighth Semi-Official Stick Online League Tournament

Started by Matty_Richo, March 20, 2014, 09:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What sort of Tourny do you want this time?

No Jumping
No Hats
No Top Tier Weapons (IS/LSS/Spire/Slasher/SH)

Matty_Richo

Eighth Semi-Official Stick Online League Tournament
Friday, March 28th 11:00PM GMT+0
Registration closed Thursday, March 27th 11:00PM GMT+0

What are Semi-Official Stick Online League Tournaments?
These League Tournaments will be ran regularly - every two weeks ideally - and will incorporate a ranking system for players to monitor their progress through the standings as well as assist in seeding players accordingly as the tournaments progress. In order to relieve the stress on any one person the host of these tournaments may regularly change, it will up to each host to decide in which way their tournament shall be fought. This should keep things interesting & provide an important amount of variety such that every faucet of skill in PvP can be explored.

If you would like to be the host one of these tournaments feel free to contact Lucifer or myself & we can work out a date.

Due to the popularity of the commentary during Danimal's Official Tournament, we will continue to broadcast & record these tournaments on Twitch.tv with live casting - please feel free to join us on Scotty's Teamspeak server at scottymiller.net, the more the merrier! Send me a Private Message if you'd like any help setting up Teamspeak.

What is happening in this tournament?
No top tier weapons may be used.
This means you cannot use the following: IS, Spire, Slasher, SH, LSB.

Tournament Host: Matty_Richo
Commentator(s): Matty_Richo & Anyone on Teamspeak! (scottymiller.net)

Date: March 28th, 2014
Time: 11PM (GMT+0)
Required Level: At least 1

Prizes
(Graciously provided by Danimal)
First place: 6 Deluxe Gift boxes OR 6 regular Spawns
Second Place: 3 Deluxe Gift Boxes OR 3 regular spawns
(Third place will be decided via a fight between the two semi-final losers, for the sake of ranking points)
*The deluxe gift boxes can be opened on any account of your choosing. Please inform the tournament host which account you would like to receive them on.
You will also get ranking points no matter where you place.

Participants
To join this tournament, simply post your account name and predicted level.
  • KrazyMotha - 99
  • ToxicDuck - 99
  • MacBeast - 100
  • Cleff - 99
  • OldKingCroz - 99
  • Catmadman - 100
  • [slyer] - 99
  • Tankinator - 99
  • Igumal - 100
  • Razor1337 - 100
  • Tuffi - 100
  • Buffi - 100
  • Helioman - 93
  • Fisuman - 100

Disclaimer
    Please remember that these are community run events. We cannot rely on a GM being there to kick people who are misbehaving. We ask that you please display a good level of maturity and do your best to help these events run as smoothly as possible. Please listen to the host, even though they don't have the fancy green chat, it would be good if you could pay attention as they are there to make sure everyone has as much fun as possible!

Danimal

Whilst I don't like to think of weapons in S.O in 'tiers' I do however think GS isn't among the more powerful weapons. To not allow GS, and still allow Katana and Stone Hammer is a bit confusing..

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Danimal on March 20, 2014, 09:25:03 PM
Whilst I don't like to think of weapons in S.O in 'tiers' I do however think GS isn't among the more powerful weapons. To not allow GS, and still allow Katana and Stone Hammer is a bit confusing..

This was something I wrestled with when creating the poll (admittedly SH hadn't even crossed my mind). The GS/Katana thing was difficult to work out, GS seems to be able to generally hold it's own against the more powerful weapons, foG was able to win tournaments with GS. Whereas It is very rare to see someone manage to compete at that same level with a Katana, I generally feel that, if used effectively, both whip and SS can compete with the Katana.
On that same note, I wouldn't be against adding katana to that list.

ToxicDuck

ToxicDuck-99 100 now :P

KrazyMotha

KrazyMotha - 99 (still tier 1 hats? BC, DH, DKH?)

Jmac

Matty_Richo

Okay, no top tier items is the clear winner here. Singups will be open until Thursday nigh. Hope to see you all there.t

KrazyMotha

GS is allowed?
if so i am gunna switch to a GS guy?

Matty_Richo

Quote from: KrazyMotha on March 23, 2014, 08:27:44 PM
GS is allowed?
if so i am gunna switch to a GS guy?
GS is allowed. Yeah you can swap if you want.

KrazyMotha

ok, but why not get ride of GS and Kat. to make the tourney unique? regardless of GS's "tier" it will be the most superior weapon by miles and will be the only weapon used (if the player has one). Just removed the weapons that people have trained with for pvp to make it more fun

Matty_Richo

Quote from: KrazyMotha on March 24, 2014, 08:47:27 AM
ok, but why not get ride of GS and Kat. to make the tourney unique? regardless of GS's "tier" it will be the most superior weapon by miles and will be the only weapon used (if the player has one). Just removed the weapons that people have trained with for pvp to make it more fun

The point here is to get rid of the advantage that people with IS/Spire/Slasher/LSB get. I understand that there are some people that haven't managed to get a GS or a Kat but most people do. This just means that the slightly less lucky people who have put in the work to build their account still stand a chance against players who have all the items... Buffi, Igumal, etc...

I may do another tourny (or someone else might do one) in the future consisting of only pre-desert items.

crozier

Hmm... I might be late/not show, but sign me up!
OldKingCroz 99

Magebolt

Eh why not Hopefully i don't miss it
Sign me up Ryuk 99 Nvm i'll be at work at that time cause i start at 7 am and this starts at that time in Austtralia ahah
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

Fisuman