News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Leveling Competition Idea

Started by Danimal, May 01, 2014, 02:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you take part in this competition?

Yes
22 (81.5%)
No
0 (0%)
I'd rather do something else
2 (7.4%)
I don't feel strongly either way
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

bat95

Still excited about this, and  I also like the idea of being able to achieve smaller goals if you fall behind. As I mentioned earlier I will probably not get to level 100 and to be realistic, i might loose interest after a while if the possibility to achieve anything disappears.

I was also wondering how the event would be launched. Due to different timezones and with the summer holiday coming up, it might be a problem if everyone had to be online at a specific moment. I might lower the number of people who will participate significantly. Don't know if you already have a solution to this problem, but my idea would be that people would have a week or two from the launch to join the event. I wouldn't hurt the tournament since it would only be a disadvantage for whoever waits to join. But you would then have a bigger chance of being able to compete even if you are sleeping or on vacation at the beginning of the event.

I think this event could be a huge boost both to the game and to the community

KrazyMotha

Maybe an idea to keep interest in the competition (because its a long way to level) we could try a team account thing? the other person would help hold u accountable and keep u working hard. You both could work hard toward leveling your shared account separately or one person could help your account on a high leveled account with leveling, jumping gaps, killing bosses, and such. you of course would both know the account PW and would contribute as equally as possible. This would also stop some conflict issues like vacations and stuff (the other person could work extra hard while your gone) and you both would make the decisions about items/hats/stats. this would make the new account numbers not just explode but integrate new and old accounts.
It would obviously be a little trickier because people would have to make friends real quick but its just an idea

darkflash

Krazy's idea is pretty cool! Team accs. maybe we could just choose to do that cause help with leveling would help a lot!

bat95

I like that idea. It might also make the game a lot more social. The only problem I can think of would be if one person suddenly doesn't have the time necessary, which would ruin it for the other person.

Also how would the teams be made, would it be random or would people be responsible for finding a team mate themselves? For people who doesn't know a great deal of people here very well(including myself) it might be difficult to find a partner.

But this might not be a bad idea, it would probably equalize people's chances in the tourney.

ToxicDuck

While you guys have some good ideas, I feel like some of you guys are complicating it far too much. I'm sure Dan will come up with ideas, and we'll most likely vote on them. It's obviously great to read your ideas, so don't stop doing that, I'd just suggest to try and not make it too complicated.

Some of you have mentioned how would we know if a person is really level one? We can fix this by dan making a thread, and everyone who wants to join in on it posts a screenshot of their new account.

But this can be faked you may say, well we can always take a lot of precautions, such as:

1.Your inventory must be open
2.Your stat window must be open
3.You must do /level and have the result visible in the screenshot.

From those three things, it'll make it easier to spot mistakes if the person edited the screenshot. Although, I HIGHLY doubt anyone will try to cheat, just because how great this community is, and pretty much everyone that now plays is a trustworthy member in the community.

Danimal

Regarding how the event would be launched, I figure it would open at a set time, on a set day and then from that point forward, anyone could sign up and register to take part. I'll be very active in the early days in-game and I will personally verify any new participants with the /level and then add them to the list.

The downside to this is that people joining later on might have to wait a few hours for me to be available and add them in, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem as there'll be a very wide window at the start where people can come on and start leveling.

The level of interest so far is decent, but I'll need to see more if this is to work.. There was an SG at the temple yesterday which took hours to kill due to no-one being online! You're breaking my heart guys (at least you would if I had one).

EDIT: As a side note, if people wanted to duel level an account, team up or whatever, I will go ahead and say it's okay however the responsibility lies with those who share your accounts details. If things go wrong, stuff is deleted or for whatever reason it doesn't work out. It is your problem. Meiun will not have to do anything to help you.

Danimal

Just so you guys know, this idea is still very much in motion. In the next day or so I hope to make the official post for this event with a starting date set in a couple of weeks time. So let's spread the word and hopefully this can take hold.

To outline what will happen initially, I will be verifying level one candidates from the start date on-wards. Anyone can join at anytime provided they display that they're level 1 in game to me or a couple of selected people I may ask to verify people when I am not around.

Provided this competition gains a bit of traction Meiun has very kindly offered up an additional prize that will be awarded to the winner in V3. At this point it will most likely be a unique hat however it may be subject to change if something even better becomes available.

Side note:
Now you will all be rusty at jumping the vines, making it past the clouds, swinging a hammer with some degree of accuracy (we all feel silly when we miss...) and not least of all expertly trapping bunnies who outrun us oh so easily. So I want to see people warming up their kicking and punching skills before-hand. The bandits seems to be the general place for those of us praying for company, so I will be there everyday now as often as I can. Let's sync up those log-in times so we can occupy the land once again as I fear the blobs are becoming the dominant species.

ToxicDuck

I can't wait, Dan!

I've been excited since you've first mentioned this :).

Jmac

Ahh, I'm gonna fall so far behind! I'm in Europe until the end of this month, so I won't have access to a computer! We will be able to share accounts though, correct? I may have to share an account and put in all the work when I get back to have a chance!  :O

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Jmac on June 06, 2014, 06:23:59 AM
Ahh, I'm gonna fall so far behind! I'm in Europe until the end of this month, so I won't have access to a computer! We will be able to share accounts though, correct? I may have to share an account and put in all the work when I get back to have a chance!  :O

I'd actually like to propose that account sharing is banned for this event. I am not sure how easy this would be to moderate but I think it would be ideal if everyone did their own account for this one.

foG

Gettin' a new laptop tomorrow, I am in.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Lucifer

I'll be on for sure! I can't say how often... but I'll see what I can do. ;)

Infection

I cannot guarantee that I will stick with this, like many people probably can, but I definitely will partake in it for some length of time. Everything I have thought of suggestion wise has pretty much already been stated.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

darkflash

An idea for this, is to have events going on during it. like Christmas, Easter and Halloween events! It would definitely attract a lot more players and be a ton more fun :)!  Also, like mini prizes for when you reach certain levels would be great! Example: level 20 you get 3 eggs, 50 you get 5 dux. or something like that haha.

KrazyMotha

Or other cool mini prize would be like a reached lvl 50 hat! (a random hat to be made later) even if its not good only the players who competed and didn't win will have a unique hat. and also like a lvl 99 hat (or weapon i suppose). That would be super cool and people who dont win could have something to look forward too