News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Is Stick Online dead?

Started by BlenderMAN, August 02, 2014, 11:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlenderMAN

Hello,

The last news on Stick Online 3 was that it was put on hold, which was awhile back. I am just wondering if this game has been scrapped, or if there is still hope of it being finished/released in the future. I miss playing this game with a lot of players, and hope the fun can continue! Anyways, thanks for reading.  :)

Helioman

Pretty sure meiun wouldn't give up a project that he has been working on for the past many years. SO version 2 has not had as many players online because it hasn't changed in the years. Just give it some time and hopefully something will come up :D.
Shorts are comfortable and easy to wear!

Loganvz123

This thread again?
There's nothing more we can tell you than what's already present here on the forum. Nobody knows, probably not even Meiun himself.

Danimal

StickOnline most certainly isn't dead. Just recently I hosted a leveling competition within V2 which brought a few weeks worth of activity and some hefty in-game rewards. V2 is, until further notice, open to the public, however during the middle of summer most of the community are busy with holidays and such, myself included.

Activity is difficult to sustain and I have done what I can with the exception of being online literally 24/7 to engage players in conversation/pvp/leveling. By all means, create new accounts and get online as often as you can, I am on fairly regularly. That said, there will be a tournament in the pipeline to celebrate the end of the leveling tournament.

V3 is still very much being worked on, it goes without saying that progress is painfully slow there isn't anything to be said that hasn't already been stressed 100 times on this forum. The situation is not ideal as Meiun requires more hours than there are in the day to find time to incorporate everything i.e. his full time job, committed relationship etc. Believe me when I say this, no-one is more sorry about it that Meiun.

Jmac

As far as v2 goes: I'm online every day after work, and I see about 5 or 6 others a day, although not at the same time. I wouldn't say the current version is dead; more like everyone is on a different schedule and most are too busy to play for an extended period of time.

I'm sure the upcoming tournament can pull in some activity at least for a week or two, so that'll be nice for those who still get on from time to time.

Meiun

It definitely isn't dead. I worked on a couple odds and ends just within the last couple weeks. It's just frustratingly slow most of the time.

T-Rok

Quote from: Meiun on August 03, 2014, 08:31:17 PM
It definitely isn't dead. I worked on a couple odds and ends just within the last couple weeks. It's just frustratingly slow most of the time.

Is still say we find a way to fund you a vacation from work. lol

Sam|9801

Id put in a few dolars for that.

BlenderMAN

Thanks a lot for the replies, I really appreciate it! I think this is a great game and has a lot of potential. I was looking through the Stick Online v3 thread and it looks very promising! It's nice to know that it is still being worked on.

CherryPie

yeah, but seriously, if there's a way for you to get additional unpaid vacation without consequences, we could do a kickstarter for that, where the goal would be, let's say 2 weeks of vacation, so that you'd be getting paid normally during these 2 weeks but not from your employer instead from the SO community, that would be ~80h dev time, right?

Jmac

Quote from: CherryPie on August 06, 2014, 04:14:45 AM
yeah, but seriously, if there's a way for you to get additional unpaid vacation without consequences, we could do a kickstarter for that, where the goal would be, let's say 2 weeks of vacation, so that you'd be getting paid normally during these 2 weeks but not from your employer instead from the SO community, that would be ~80h dev time, right?
For the record, I wouldn't mind donating to this; however, I don't believe he would feel comfortable being obligated to work full time on developing the game just because we donated money to him. Developing v3 is a hobby for him, not his job, as I'm sure everyone's aware. Working on the game may be fun, but I'm sure he doesn't want people holding him accountable if they don't get their money's worth of dev time out of this "vacation". I pretty much reiterated most of this quote, so I'll post it as well:

QuoteOne point that would have to be considered with this is that the money we raised would probably not so much be considered donations but rather us paying Meuin to work on Stick Online. This may be something Meiun would be uncomfortable with as it would probably then be reasonable for those of us that have contributed to that fund to expect semi regular reports or updates as to what is going on. It would also probably fair to expect Meiun to work on Stick Online for the entirety of the time we paid for, which (assuming we paid for one month, full time) would mean that he would essentially need to be working on Stick Online 8 hours a day, which he may not feel capable of or comfortable with.

Sam|9801

Has Meiun stated his own oppinion anywhere about the vacation kickstarter?

Meiun

Quote from: Sam|9801 on August 07, 2014, 06:18:40 AM
Has Meiun stated his own oppinion anywhere about the vacation kickstarter?
Just responded to this in the following topic (that was spun off as a response to this one): http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2968.msg61160#msg61160

KrazyMotha

A playable demo would be very welcome for me personally... :D

Forum

SO is dead just logged in and the latter happened.

Officially quitted