News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Should we have a shoutbox here?

Started by 11clock, September 09, 2009, 06:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we have a shoutbox here?

Yes
19 (67.9%)
No
2 (7.1%)
I don't care
1 (3.6%)
Walrus (lol)
6 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

11clock

Should we have a shoutbox here? The one on the Hangout kind of died and I don't like seeing topics like, "OMG SG! WALL NOWZ!" I think Meiun should add a shoutbox on here, but I'm worried about the hackers. What if the forums get hacked again? Well go ahead and vote.

Bo-sox

Id like to see a shout box, its annoying having to find a topic to post in when something comes to mind. Also it would be very helpful for shouting out SGs'.

ARTgames

Torch

Like ARTGames said, a chatbox would be great but has a high chance of posing a security threat. Meiun's already said this in: http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=209.0

Also, the Walrus joke was already used. Let it go.

yottabyte

Yes.

Just a question, will it be like the ipbfree shoutboxes, or like you have to type your name and stuff to shout? Also, shouldn't SMF have this on there site like an add-on? I don't know.
Anyway, get one if it's safe.  :)

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

NotoriousM4^

I don't know, I kinda don't mind this forum not having a shout box.
At the moment it draws more attention to actual posts rather than just random conversations (which should probably be held elsewhere), over the forums; However, I suppose it could boost activity here too.  :-\

flashmaniac

Well last time we had a shoutbox was it really actively used? It depends on the vote of the people and if it will be secure enough to withstand a hacker. I'm sitting on the fence of this argument.

Lucifer

Quote from: flashmaniac on September 11, 2009, 02:14:05 AM
Well last time we had a shoutbox was it really actively used? It depends on the vote of the people and if it will be secure enough to withstand a hacker. I'm sitting on the fence of this argument.
Over actively.
This has been talked about before, and again we seem to come to the same agreement of "Yes, if it's safe." which I'm quite sure is Meiun's view as well. All that's left to do is wait and see.

And <.<, Stop putting Walrus in the polls, I can't choose anything but it.

flashmaniac

Agreed, we should ditch the walrus, it was funny the first time. But when someone votes Walrus it just makes their vote unincluded in the actual vote so it has no real effect on the decision making.

Scotty

nneonneo's shoutbox is your answer.

It's been tried and tested for almost 3 years now.  The lastest version of the shoutbox was tested on 1.1.8, and this version is 1.1.10, so I'm fairly confident it would work just fine, but there is always that ever so slight chance of error.  None the less, if you want security, this is your answer, plus it's a fairly powerful shoutbox.

Meiun

Enough people seemed to want it that I decided to go ahead and put one in. Went with AjaxChat this time, which seems to be a pretty solid and trusted shoutbox. Enjoy!

Edit: removed until some further testing/tweaking can be performed (need sleep now though X_X)

flashmaniac

ZaC

Or you could just write a basic PHP script not to allow to topics about SG walls and such.

And I have a very good chat system on a forum I help run, I'll try and find the name of it for you Meiun.
Zac's Web Development, if your interested PM me - cheap prices !!

yottabyte

Quote from: ZaC on September 12, 2009, 05:55:48 AM
Or you could just write a basic PHP script not to allow to topics about SG walls and such.
WHAT XD

It would just make it worse. How are we supposed to tell that theres a SG then?

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)