News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

About the new Karma System (it has arrived, so I am changing the subject)

Started by Mr Pwnage, September 12, 2009, 11:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please read THE ENTIRE post below before voting.

I love Mr Pwnage with a passion.
Spongebob for president.
What is a Pluto?

flashmaniac

Quote from: Meiun on September 16, 2009, 05:32:11 PM
Quote from: Lingus on September 16, 2009, 03:24:33 PM
Looks good to me. As far as I can tell, this is exactly what I described above. Similar rep system as the HO with comments and all, it allows you to + and - someone's rep, and the amount of rep you can give depends on your rep power. Everything I wanted. +Rep to Meiun.

I'd like to know exactly how the rep power works. How is rep power based on rep points. Is it 1 power per 20 points, or something more complex? And also, how does your rep power determine how many points you can give to someone else? Is there some kind of formula it uses? Someone with 0 power wouldn't give 0 points... that doesn't make sense does it? And if rep power/points is possible to go negative, how does that work?
Quote from: DarkTrinity on September 16, 2009, 04:05:29 PM
Im confused as hell about the rep power as Lingus was explaining...
But I think it's a huge improvement to the HO version of rep, where people randomly rep & derep for nonsensical reasons.
At first glance I was a bit confused by the rep power part as well (the readme/documentation didn't give a very good explanation of much with this addon). Right now I have it set so that new members start off with 10 rep points (not sure how this carrys over to people who already exist prior to the installation of this package). Every post you do give you 1 point, and every topic you make gives you 3 points. For every 20 points you gain, you get 1 "reputation power," which then influences how much of an effect you have on other peoples reputation points when you click the heart. Also, as before, you have to have a minimum of 10 posts in order to be able to do anything with other peoples karma. Lastly, you can only karma people 5 times a day max, and must karma at least 3 other people before your allowed to come back to the same person. Hope that helps.

Edit: Oh, and almost forgot. You get another bar on your reputation meter (and new title for it when you hover your mouse over) for every 100 reputation points you have.

Thanks Meiun, that made so much more sense, thanks for clearing it up. Good new system!
+Rep Meiun.

DarkTrinity

Ah, thanks MeiMei, that makes way more sense now, lol.
Finally a reputation system made to prevent rep abusers!

Cactuscat222

Quote from: DarkTrinity on September 16, 2009, 06:35:07 PM

Err, it doesn't prevent people mass repping for no reason though :/

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Mystery

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on September 16, 2009, 06:38:59 PM

No, but you at least know who's doing it so you can report them because you can check it now.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on September 16, 2009, 06:38:59 PM

Hmmm, coming from one of the ones who derepped me for no reason >_>

And actually, it does help, because
1. you have to rep 2 OTHER people before you can rep the same person again.
2. you only get a certain amount of rep points to use.
3. You can only use a certain amount of reps per day...

So actually, i think it is rather helpful to stop rep abusers...

Cactuscat222

Reason is arbitrary. I definitely had more reason to de-rep you than anyone had repping you for being a "girl" or whatever they wanted. That was Stick Hangout though, not here.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Meiun

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on September 16, 2009, 07:07:44 PM
Reason is arbitrary. I definitely had more reason to de-rep you than anyone had repping you for being a "girl" or whatever they wanted. That was Stick Hangout though, not here.
It certainly does help with abuse of it either way. Not to mention if people were repeatedly being total dicks with the system, you could report it to a mod and we could actually take a look.

Cactuscat222

Oh yeah, I didn't mention that in my previous post. I see how it works now and how it does stop abuse, but when you click the heart, and it asks whether or not you agree or disagree, does disagreeing reduce reputation of the person?

ARTgames

This seem like a lot of work for a system that a lot of people dont really care about. >_<

Im starting to think its a better idea to just take it all away and have a own rep system in are head. We are good at, humans are very social.  The active part of this community as of now knows each other well and we dont need a system to keep track of what the popular thought about that person is. Considering this rep is all opinion by that one user at that one time and that opinion's of people change over time i dont think its a good idea to make a fixed system in which it stays that same all the time.

And if you have something to say to that person we have a pm system. I rather meiun/gm's work on stick online 3 or there life than to sort out and fix this karma system.

Now snits there is people who do like this karma i think maybe we keep it per post. Snits the karma that people give or take seems to be based off one post some one made i think the idea of having a thums up or down system like you tube or digg would be a better choice.

Meiun

It took maybe an hour tops to get the new karma system in art, no worries. It would have only even been a few minutes if it weren't for some incompatibilities with other packages I had installed.

JoEL

flashmaniac

Quote from: JoEL on September 17, 2009, 02:29:37 AM
Ohh!! Well I started off with -5 rep.

But you were already down on rep by like 8 points when this started. Maybe Meiun could reset yours.

JoEL

hmm yeah, I went from 11 to -9 within a week or so and I didn't even post during that time.

Lucifer

Quote from: JoEL on September 17, 2009, 02:58:48 AM
hmm yeah, I went from 11 to -9 within a week or so and I didn't even post during that time.
Wasn't me.  ::)

JoEL

Quote from: Lucifer on September 17, 2009, 03:10:59 AM
Quote from: JoEL on September 17, 2009, 02:58:48 AM
Wasn't me.  ::)
Liar, I know it was.