News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

iPod Touch

Started by Matty_Richo, October 04, 2009, 07:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_Richo

Ok so I am Looking into getting an iPod Touch.
However, I want the most efficient way to put all my movies and TV shows on there. MP4 aren't really small and so hard to get them on to the iPod without using all of the space.
is there a Codec or something so that it plays other files? is there a way that i can compress the MP4 files so as they take less space?

Thanx ~ Matty

flashmaniac

You could try compressing them to a smaller bitrate. But your quality will suffer for this. Normally a good video is set at a high bitrate. Maybe around 320kbps might be a good size.

JoEL

How are mp4 video files not "small" in size? You can half the size of a video file if it starts out in AVI format and you convert it to mp4 with almost no loss in quality. Check into finding a good converter of mp4 files that'll solve your file size problems.

And no you can't get any codecs for Ipods that I am aware of, atleast none that are compatable with the ipod its self. Your best bet is using mp4 formats.

Matty_Richo

I converted a 700mb AVI movie to MP4 and grew to 1024mb

JoEL

Well theres your problem...you must be using a poor converter that must be increasing it's bit rate or something...Mp4 should always convert smaller then AVI. I usually convet a 170mb AVI to 80mb mp4.

Matty_Richo

What do you use to convert?

JoEL

Any Video Converter (that's the name of it) and,
Super

depending on the file format.

Matty_Richo

Scotty

Keep in mind that when you go and do things like make the resolution of the video larger than it originally was, or if you go and increase the bit rate for no reason, you are in fact doing absolutely NOTHING other than taking up more storage space.  Just because you want to up the bit rate doesn't mean it'll make it sound any better.  That's like taking a vinyl record and put it on a CD, it's still gonna crackle and sound just as bad.