News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Mafia V2 #4- Now Recruiting

Started by Mystery, October 12, 2009, 08:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackabomb

Jackabomb

EDIT: Why epicphail, are you afraid to have a vote placed on you?

tehrozzy

Jackabomb

No, when playing Mafia, you're not allowed to edit posts the normal way, because it's too easy to cheat that way so I did it that way.

EpicPhailure

Jackabomb

Nobody should do it. Technically, it's not outlawed on SM rules, however, it's a good rule and is on most high-discuscion mafia sites. By the way, since you're on epic, mind answering my question?

Jackabomb

Oh! OH! I see. You mean, "who isn't afraid to be lynched?". Got it. Well, a townie doesn't need to fear lynching because a) His main goal should be hunting scum.
                        b) If he's really town, then he won't likely say things that incriminate him badly.

Scum however, MUST avoid lynches if possible because:
a) When they die it tells more than the death of a townie.
b) there are less of them
c) Scum need to be very carefull because they, unlike townies, must fake their way through the discussions.

Besides, why would be fearful of a vote that was
a) obviously random
b) Hadn't even happened at the time of your post?

EpicPhailure

Oh! OH! I see. You mean, "who isn't afraid to be lynched?". Got it. Well, a townie doesn't need to fear lynching because a) His main goal should be hunting scum.
                        b) If he's really town, then he won't likely say things that incriminate him badly.
A townie should also fear lynching the wrong person, in addition to the town lynching the townie themselves. If they really are mafia, then they wouldn't say things that imcriminate them badly.

QuoteScum however, MUST avoid lynches if possible because:
a) When they die it tells more than the death of a townie.
b) there are less of them
c) Scum need to be very carefull because they, unlike townies, must fake their way through the discussions.
True.

QuoteBesides, why would be fearful of a vote that was
a) obviously random
b) Hadn't even happened at the time of your post?
Who says I was fearful of that vote? I merely posted first, saying "DON'T VOTE ME *COUGH*". Is that not sarcasm? Or is it a mafia member trying to fake sarcasm in order to ward away attention?

Red October

Can we stop talking about voting physics and kill RedOctober already.

Jackabomb

On your first point: The town still has 5-6 members. Normally in this position, they don't need to fear a lynch on themselves, however, if I may, Mystery made a really bad desicion putting the cultist and the Master Reviver(I'm guessing that's basicly a cultist who can do it only to dead people) without more players.
You see, with now not one, not two, but THREE enemy organizations and a day vig (maybe) leaching off the town population every day/night cycle, PLUS the possibility of a Day lynch... The town loses 4 people at worst by the time they vote again. So on that I was wrong, but only because of the odd setup of this game.

You say scum won't make such bad mistakes, but they will, you see. They're faking everything they say. This means that they will either: sound not town enough, sound too town, or wind up accidently coming to the rescue of thier scumbuddies.

Red October

Quote from: Jackabomb on October 25, 2009, 12:57:38 AM
Mystery made a really bad desicion putting the cultist and the Master Reviver(I'm guessing that's basicly a cultist who can do it only to dead people) without more players.

If you read the first post you'll understand how thing game is meant to be played. Many scenario's could happen, it really depends on how day one goes. Its pretty balanced, but that's my two cent.

Jackabomb

How can you say it's balanced? 5 town and 3 Mafia...and one of the people in the town(saulus) might not even stay that way. 50-50 player division is by no means balanced in a mafia game. Without the saulus or the other anti-town roles THEN it might be balanced but with them in there, how do you see balance?

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Jackabomb on October 25, 2009, 12:57:38 AM
On your first point: The town still has 5-6 members. Normally in this position, they don't need to fear a lynch on themselves, however, if I may, Mystery made a really bad desicion putting the cultist and the Master Reviver(I'm guessing that's basicly a cultist who can do it only to dead people) without more players.
You see, with now not one, not two, but THREE enemy organizations and a day vig (maybe) leaching off the town population every day/night cycle, PLUS the possibility of a Day lynch... The town loses 4 people at worst by the time they vote again. So on that I was wrong, but only because of the odd setup of this game.

You say scum won't make such bad mistakes, but they will, you see. They're faking everything they say. This means that they will either: sound not town enough, sound too town, or wind up accidently coming to the rescue of thier scumbuddies.

There is always a fear to lynch the wrong person, unless we no lynch. Otherwise, our PRs may be outed or killed.

Scum don't need to fake; not unless they're accused and have a bandwagon on them.

Jackabomb

True enough, I suppose, but if people are afraid to lynch because of the possibility of mislynch, then the town gets nowhere. Also, no lynch is absolutely stupid! The lynch is the town's best defence. Even a mislynch, while it would kill the chance for town victory, would You're wrong on that, scum must always fake their plays. They must appear town at all times. They have to act like town even though they're not. That's what I mean by faking.

Red October, why would you want to die? If you didn't want to play, don't sign up.
As for what I think this could mean: If you're town, your death won't do any of us any good, so don't waste our day lynch if you want to die. Just PM mystery during the night and suicide. That said, there's nothing particularly scummy about your post; it's too short.