News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Failed to open port (UPD) Problem.

Started by Looperpuck, November 02, 2009, 10:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looperpuck

Every time I try to log into stick-online, it says, Failed to open port (UPD) I know that usually this means that I have 2 stick online's running at the same time, but I don't. I have tried re downloading it and everything, I have tried searching through the processes in my computer, and still no other stick online running. Please help. Much appreciated.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Matty_Richo

I get this occasionally, Usually a restart can fix it, there may be a lost process running somewhere.

ARTgames

Quote from: Matty_Richo on November 02, 2009, 11:21:34 PM
I get this occasionally, Usually a restart can fix it, there may be a lost process running somewhere.

Do what Matty_Richo said fist. restart fixes a lot of things. :P

Also check and make sure its not being blocked by any fire walls you might be running.

Lucifer

Looperpuck

Uhm, no thanks Luci, but I'll try restarting, thanks.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Looperpuck

Thanks Matty, I tried restarting, and it works fine.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Meiun

Quote from: Looperpuck on November 03, 2009, 12:37:59 AM

~Looperpuck
Yep, only one program is allowed to utilize a UDP port at a time. So you must have had some other program using it. As the others said, restarting is usually the simplest solution for this.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Looperpuck on November 03, 2009, 12:37:59 AM

~Looperpuck

no worries, yeah i have other things using UDP sometimes that don't close properly, and unless you wanna look through processes for ones using UDP then restart is easiest

Scotty

Might I recommend keeping an eye out for when it happens again.  See if there are any other programs that after you start up, will cause this error with Stick Online, just for your (and if you are courteous enough to share) and our reference.