News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

After five and a half years...

Started by Scotty, November 07, 2009, 05:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

Woooooo, awesome! Glad to hear it man. Free to grow those Anders dreads you've always wanted now eh? hahaha.

Scotty

Quote from: Torch on November 07, 2009, 09:06:19 AM
Grats. What are you planning on doing now that you're done?

If all goes well, I'll be moving out to Maryland for work.  I got a couple of job offers that I'm looking into, and gonna spend next week pretty much constantly on the phone.

Quote from: Jackabomb on November 07, 2009, 10:57:59 AM
Excuse me, but, what are you free of?

Marine Corps.

Quote from: ARTgames on November 07, 2009, 11:46:12 AM
So your out forever? Or can they call you back any time? It's just that i don't know how these things work.

Any ways have a happy time! : )

Technically, I'm not *free* until 2011, but until then I am on the inactive reserves, meaning pretty much, I'm done, unless they decide to recall me before 2011.  Highly unlikely, as the trend that I've seen when it comes to getting recalled, is that they are looking for people who sat back and didn't do anything their entire enlistment (such as no deployments).  Since I've done more than most others can claim to want to do in the first 5 years of their enlistment, I highly doubt their calling me back in.

Quote from: Aqua on November 07, 2009, 01:00:56 PM
I suppose that he is going to College next. I remember the discussion that Meiun went to college first, but Scotty chose to go into the Military. At any rate, he's not me so I don't know for sure ;o. Well done, Scotteh!
~Aqua

I will be attending college while I'm working full time.  I  could just go to college and use the GI Bill that I've earned, and live off that, but I need to maintain my security clearance, and it'll expire next year if I'm not working and using it (ie going just to college and not working as well).  So I'll be a part time student while I work.  Might take a while to finish.

Quote from: Meiun on November 07, 2009, 01:45:59 PM
Woooooo, awesome! Glad to hear it man. Free to grow those Anders dreads you've always wanted now eh? hahaha.

Just gotta land the job first, then I'm not washing the hair ever again!

Delicious

Aha! Congratulations Scotty. You look very handsome in those pictures, might I add.  ;)
Some of my pals have gone into the Military as well, but this is just recently were as you are finally free from it.
<3

LeGuy

Congrats! And thank you for your service. :P
Whee!

Torch

Quote from: LeGuy on November 07, 2009, 07:16:59 PM
You've already thanked him with your tax money, silly.

Scotty

Quote from: Torch on November 07, 2009, 07:24:20 PM
Quote from: LeGuy on November 07, 2009, 07:16:59 PM
You've already thanked him with your tax money, silly.

I paid taxes just like every other American while I was in (except when I was deployed, everything was tax-free  ;) )

Mystery

One massive congrats to you. I sure know I couldn't have put up with the Marine Corps for a year, much less 5 1/2.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

11clock

Pat

I swear I've seen those pictures before Scotty. Congratulations anyway.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Pat on November 08, 2009, 12:36:18 AM
You saw pictures of Scotty before Scotty existed? That's...really !@#$in creepy dude. All I'm going to say.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Pat on November 08, 2009, 12:36:18 AM

I'm sure he has pictures from other events where he's in uniform. They probably just look similar...

Titan

I would like to thank you for your service to our country.
Congrats on getting out and having a free life!(until your next job)
Livin' in a lonely world.

Lingus

Grats man. Now you can get on with the rest of your life huh?

Have fun!

Scotty

Quote from: Lingus on November 08, 2009, 05:29:06 PM
Grats man. Now you can get on with the rest of your life huh?

Have fun!
When the hell are you coming down to San Diego?  We still gotta have a BBQ!  Yeah!  You thought I forgot!