News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Grey scenery

Started by Jackabomb, November 16, 2009, 05:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackabomb

I log in and this happens. I fall from the sky as usual, but everything on the land and all is grey...No scenery, platforms. enemies appear though.

sly 3 4 me

Might happen if you're using too many resources? Try restarting it after closing some things? Or just a computer restart should probably fix it.

Meiun

Hmmm, I've seen people who have had the BG's load inproperly before, but usually they atleast load something. Either way, background issues like that are most often caused by a lack of resources on your computer. Most commonly a lack of available video memory on your graphics card (only usually applies to extremely old graphics cards with 32MB of video memory or less). But the first thing i'd try would just be to restart your computer and try again.

Jackabomb

Problem solved. I had to change the graphics settings to 800x600 in order to run the game, then hit "yes" when asked to change it.

sly 3 4 me

Ah, I wasn't sure if you were playing on a different computer. I thought you were playing on the same computer (Unchanged), and it just randomly stopped working.

Meiun

Quote from: Jackabomb on November 16, 2009, 08:22:44 PM
Problem solved. I had to change the graphics settings to 800x600 in order to run the game, then hit "yes" when asked to change it.
Yeah, sounds like a video card related issue. Using a rather old computer i assume? Typicaly you'd want to try and run it at a higher resolution than 800x600 if you could, or else it will crop a little off the sides of the screen. But if that is all that works then go for it. Either way, you likely shouldn't have as much problems with stuff like this in the new Stick.

Jackabomb

Odd thing, sly. This is the same computer I've been using SO with since I got it about 2 years ago.

Meiun

Quote from: Jackabomb on November 16, 2009, 10:50:34 PM
Odd thing, sly. This is the same computer I've been using SO with since I got it about 2 years ago.
Hrmph, strange then.

Mr Pwnage

Windows update might have changed your settings or something along the lines of that...you just never know with technology...
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Riserva

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 17, 2009, 08:01:56 PM
Windows update might have changed your settings or something along the lines of that...you just never know with technology...

Many things can change your resolution. Full-Screen games, for example.