News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Akinator, the magical !@#$ing genie.

Started by DarkBlade325, November 21, 2009, 05:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBlade325

Yeah, there's probably about 80 gazillion '20 questions' like programs on the internets, this is just one of them. To those who are not aware of 20 Questions, it's a little gadget that would ask you questions about a certain place, animal, person, or thing. After the 20 Questions were done, it would then guess what it was you were thinking of, like a mind reader.

This is pretty much the same thing, but I think this one only does people or creatures, but don't quote me on that. One of the most delightful things about this thing is that once it nails down an question it's sure is linked to the character you're thinking of, he'll go on to say even more questions that link perfectly along with your character, along with the picture of the genie on the right of the page changing his expression to a more confident feel.

However, as you might has guessed, it does have some flaws. I was trying to get it to guess Leon from the Resident Evil series, and it did end up coming with a character from that series (infact it asked me the question "was your character created by Capcom?"), but it wasn't Leon. After that it somehow came up with a character from CoD, and finally Duke Nukem'. But for the most part, it's pretty amusing.

http://us.akinator.com/

Here's one of my guesses. The character I was thinking of was Gordon Freeman.

Genie: Has your character really existed? (No)
Genie: Does your character fight? (Yes)
Genie: Does your character use guns? (Yes)
Genie: Is your character American (Probably)
Genie: Is your character from a videogame? (Yes)
*Around this point is where he starts to nail down some questions*
Genie: Does your character fight against monsters? (Yes)
Genie: Has your character fought aliens? (Yes)
Genie: Is your character a military man? (No)
Genie: Does your character have a beard? (Yes)
Genie: Is your character a scientist? (Yes)
Genie: Does your character wear glasses? (Yes)
Genie: Does your character wear a hat? (No)

Genie: I think of.......Gordon Freeman? (Yes)

Scotty

He's actually pretty good.

He got Solid Snake,
Mario,
King Arthur,
William Wallace,
and Frosty the Snowman (I don't know how he got this or William Wallace, holy hell!)

Cactuscat222

I went with Megaman, and he gave me Dick Gumshoe from Phoenix Wright... then I clicked "No" and he asked 3 more questions that were spot on and got Megaman, that is awesome.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on November 21, 2009, 06:28:16 AM
I went with Megaman, and he gave me Dick Gumshoe from Phoenix Wright... then I clicked "No" and he asked 3 more questions that were spot on and got Megaman, that is awesome.

How in the hell did he manage that?

Cactuscat222

How did he manage to give me Dick Gumshoe, or then go on to know it was exactly Megaman?

Either way, after I clicked it wasn't Dick Gumshoe, he was like "Is it a robot?", "Does he wear a helmet?" and one other I forgot (probably something to do with his weapons).

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Pat

He got donkey kong even after I misled him! HOLYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIT it got Niko Belic, I never saw it guessing that.
Edit 2:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW it guessed Nathan Drake!!! This thing is amazing!
Edit 3:
it got Quote from cave story AND Iji!
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Titan

He got Shaka Zulu.(Scottys made me think of him from deadliest warrior)

Livin' in a lonely world.

Mr Pwnage

It hasn't been wrong yet...and get this...IT GOT ZOEY FROM LEFT 4 DEAD. I think I love this thing!
EDIT: OH MY SWEET JESUS! It got Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2! This is AMAZING! Have my babies Genie!

Also...I tried to make it guess Ghost from Modern Warefare 2....and it failed. It guessed:
Johnny "Akiba" Sasaki (Metal Gear)
BUT if you compare him to Ghost:

They look almost identical. Heh.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

It couldn't get Luneth from the DS remake of FFIII. Then again, FF wikipedia didn't help me much there.

God-I-Suck

It got Mike Tyson, Mario, Bowser, Billy Mays, Master Chief, Coach from Left 4 Dead 2 (On his 2nd try), Duke Nukem, and Eddy from Ed, Edd, n Eddy (3rd try, lol). Pretty cool and fun!

ARTgames

Its good. Really good! It got a lot of stuff. So i tried out a stick online for fun and it gave me Mokujin. :P just for fun.

I'm surprised it got fassad and shaycarl! :D

I did trip it up with paper mario's "goombario".

One time it asked me if my character was black then it asked me if it had white skin. And on a different guy it asked me twice if my charter wore gloves. @_@

I did my self and it came up with "your clone" XD

yottabyte

This is really cool! It got Shane dawson at first try, and than kevjumba at 3rd try :) OMg it got ashley spinelli from "Recess" at the first try! This IS a geinus!
Got Pikachu at 2nd try.  :P

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Titan

I just shit myself.

He got The Kid from I wanna be the guy.
Livin' in a lonely world.

ARTgames

It got pc guy!
it got Jeremy from PP!
It got the slime from maple story!

This thing is way too good.

Red October

Pretty good, It guessed mine in in 20 questions.. It was Jack Ryan.