News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

What would you change about SO???

Started by wrinkles, December 22, 2009, 01:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. I feel that vit, while it has been altered to reduce this, is a bit over used or over powered. And similarly, int is under used and under powered. Not overly much on either one, but a bit. If you have a different opinion that's fine. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about actual statistics of people's current stat builds. I'm talking about potential viable builds based on the structure of the stat system. There may well be plenty of people with less efficient stat builds, but that's not the point of my comment.

The stat system currently is pretty great. Don't get me wrong. But it's not perfect, and it could be improved. Since that's what this topic is about, I don't see anything wrong with what I posted.

foG

Quote from: Lingus on December 23, 2009, 03:24:30 PM
I respectfully disagree with your opinion. I feel that vit, while it has been altered to reduce this, is a bit over used or over powered. And similarly, int is under used and under powered. Not overly much on either one, but a bit. If you have a different opinion that's fine. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about actual statistics of people's current stat builds. I'm talking about potential viable builds based on the structure of the stat system. There may well be plenty of people with less efficient stat builds, but that's not the point of my comment.

The stat system currently is pretty great. Don't get me wrong. But it's not perfect, and it could be improved. Since that's what this topic is about, I don't see anything wrong with what I posted.

What is efficient in your opinion? A PvP build? A PvM (or however it's called) build? Or a build just for fun, like a pure AGI build, You can't really tell, can you?
We could discuss about this forever, it IS true what you're saying, but what I am sayig ain't wrong either.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Lingus

Efficient mathematically. Having too many points in a given stat that gives less benefit to your abilities than if they were spent elsewhere. For instance, you can have so much Int that you would never use all of your stamina. Since there is no other benefit to Int other than making sure you have enough stamina, this means you have wasted those points. That by itself is not a bad thing. It's the fact that int gives you no other benefit and so in order to have an efficient build you have to have lower than whatever that amount of int is. It reduces the number of viable stat builds. Not the number of all possible builds.

And no, I guess what you are saying isn't wrong either... it just doesn't really have much to do with what I'm talking about. I don't count builds that use 50+ points in any given stat since they would probably be off balanced and inefficient.

Anyways, you're right. We can go on forever about this. I've made my point.

wrinkles

i agree with lingus, not any people build on INT, they are more with VIT, AGI or STR... Maybe INT shoul have more of a benefit like the speed of healing, i recon it doesnt appeal to many people to build on..

Pat

Quote from: wrinkles on December 24, 2009, 07:01:28 AM
Maybe INT shoul have more of a benefit like the speed of healing
Uh, reasons for INT, increases max stam, increases stam regen speed... What I would do here is make damage within a random range (depending on weapon damage and strength) including critical hits, where INT plays the role of luck meaning you have a better chance of hitting higher and getting criticals.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Lucifer

Random chance effects like critical hits have been discussed numerous times, and shot down every time (mostly by Lingus). PvP fights should solely be based on skill, not luck.

*Edit*
Oh my bad Lingus.

Lingus

Actually, I am against random chance to completely miss hitting your target for any reason. Be it the typical "Miss" that a lot of RPGs use, or a random chance to "Dodge" an attack. Not hitting or getting hit should be based on skill. If you land the attack, the weapon actually makes contact with the target, the target should take some kind of damage. Even with skill based shields (something that has been discussed a lot) the target should still take some damage. It would just be reduced.

Random Critical hits aren't such a bad thing. I'm also not against randomized damage within a given range. Actually, I would rather like that for SO3. But all of that, criticals and randomized damage, would have to be controlled by some stat, be it str or dex or int or w/e. You have to have the ability to increase your chance of a critical hit, and increase the range of damage you can do, or the likelyhood of landing a hit at the higher end of the range.