News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Sign

Started by Zario777, January 02, 2010, 11:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zario777

A good item for Stick Online (not sure for what version but I think its good nonetheless) would be a personal sign that you could write a message, erect anywhere on the ground, and put it back into your inventory by clicking the sign while holding control (the message gets deleted by doing this though.

Monsters can't drop it but you can buy a cheap sign from the left shop for 500 coins. It can be destroyed by other stick players with sword type items (like Dagger or Katana) and it has the same amount of hp as a Rock Demon. When its destroyed it goes back into your inventory (or completely gone, whatever you ppl like better) and you can stand on it for support if your jumping skills arent up to par.

At the right shop, you can buy a deluxe sign for 1000 coins that is indestructible (or has Skeleton's hp, whatever you ppl like better) and you can write more on it (with also the support and move ability). If the signs are implemented, we could have it that the signs can be dug up and burned by other stick players (with the IS and SH respectively).

So whatcha guys think? (if a similar idea like this was posted in somebody's long list of ideas, I apologise for repeating the idea)
PS: You press up to read it and you can only ever have one in your possesion.

What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

scsox

If this was implemented it would be seriousley abused.

Zario777

O crap I forgot to mention: You can only ever have one in your possesion
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: scsox on January 02, 2010, 11:43:57 PM
If this was implemented it would be seriousley abused.
By you.

And as for the idea itself...not bad, but not necessary enough to be practical. Not to mention it would be a really bad idea to let players make solid objects that could be used for navigation anywhere in the world. What if they used their sign while standing on another stick? What if they stacked them to go off the map? Just so much effort would have to go into having these sacred signs...it really isn't worth the elbow grease.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Zario777

You can stand on it like the bench in Stick Online. Solid at the top, but still passable. And you can only stack signs on solid ground (maybe not even on tree branches in the forest or on the clouds?)

Jackabomb

On any solid surface, I say. A cool idea.

11clock

Lucifer

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on January 03, 2010, 12:05:56 AM
What if they used their sign while standing on another stick?
Oh the joy! Can't you imagine putting "Dumbass" signs over people?
Do want!

Zario777

Whether that was sarcasm or not, that post was funny

ARTgames

can you pick your own sign up and move it?

Zario777

Quote from: Zario777 on January 02, 2010, 11:33:21 PM
and put it back into your inventory by clicking the sign while holding control (the message gets deleted by doing this though).

foG

I don't really get the point of it.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

stick d00d

I don't either, what is the point of having signs?? I'd rather have something more worthwhile.

ARTgames

Quote from: Zario777 on January 03, 2010, 02:34:26 PM
Quote from: Zario777 on January 02, 2010, 11:33:21 PM
and put it back into your inventory by clicking the sign while holding control (the message gets deleted by doing this though).

I mean like carry it around like a picit sing.

Zario777

Hmm, it would make it more useful if you can carry it around.....and swing it at monsters/unsuspecting stick players >=)