News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Yell Command (/y) - Speak to the whole world

Started by Doogie, January 03, 2010, 10:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manzy

Quote from: Doogie on January 03, 2010, 10:36:48 PMsince the game doesn't really get that many players anymore.
(I haven't seen more than 10)

You must be getting on at non active times. There was about 23 people on the other day.

Lingus

Quote from: LeGuy on January 11, 2010, 10:39:40 PM
I just had another idea. Quite frankly, it's so amazing that I'm only going to reveal a teeny little bit to you guys so you don't steal it. I want to someday incorporate into my own MMO, provided I ever get around to making it.

Essentially, there are a bunch of cell towers spread across the world. Clans fight over them, because whoever owns the tower owns the service. If the Shady Gang owned the Arena tower and the Ham Clan owned the Temple tower, and the two clans were at war, then the Shadies would bar all non-Shady communication, and the Ham Clan members would not be able to communicate long-distance, putting them at a disadvantage.

Besides warfare, there could economical aspects - image the Shadies and the Ham Clan were not at war, but instead neutral. The Shadies could charge the Ham Clan a small fee to use service in their tower zones, and the Hams likewise. If they had a somewhat negative relationship, they could charge them unreasonable fees, but still allow them communication. Or if they were allies, then service would be free.

Naturally, the resource of communication would be highly coveted. If one clan wanted a tower, they could purchase it from them. If they denied the offer, they could ask for cheaper service. If they denied that, then a full-out war could break about between the two clans over the tower.
Wow. Yea. This is like a premise for an entirely separate game. I think it would fit in rather well with clans for SO. Just depends on what route SO3 is going to take.

wrinkles

Quote from: Lingus on January 12, 2010, 01:42:35 AM
Wow. Yea. This is like a premise for an entirely separate game. I think it would fit in rather well with clans for SO. Just depends on what route SO3 is going to take.

thats true, a lot of the ideas suggested in the forums might not fit with SO3. It would be awesome to have more of an idea on what it is like IMO

Lucifer

Quote from: wrinkles on January 13, 2010, 01:35:55 AM

thats true, a lot of the ideas suggested in the forums might not fit with SO3. It would be awesome to have more of an idea on what it is like IMO
Any idea that fits So2 should fit So3 as well, I doubt there will be any massive game play changes.

Lingus

Quote from: Lucifer on January 13, 2010, 01:42:14 AM
Quote from: wrinkles on January 13, 2010, 01:35:55 AM

Any idea that fits So2 should fit So3 as well, I doubt there will be any massive game play changes.
I'm not sure he was suggesting that it would fit for SO2. I think he was just saying it might not work for SO3.

And yes, I agree. It would be nice if we had a general concept of what direction SO3 is heading for. Is it going to be skill oriented, clan oriented, group oriented? Will there be quests? Instances? Etc...

ARTgames

Im not sure how this page is about /y. Anyway I rather don't like the idea. No need to yell across the game. 

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on January 13, 2010, 05:03:19 PM
Im not sure how this page is about /y.
True. LeGuy kind of took us on a tangent...

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on January 13, 2010, 05:18:17 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on January 13, 2010, 05:03:19 PM
Im not sure how this page is about /y.
True. LeGuy kind of took us on a tangent...
No its fine. That always happens.

Snakeman

Quote from: LeGuy on January 11, 2010, 10:39:40 PM
I just had another idea. Quite frankly, it's so amazing that I'm only going to reveal a teeny little bit to you guys so you don't steal it. I want to someday incorporate into my own MMO, provided I ever get around to making it.

Essentially, there are a bunch of cell towers spread across the world. Clans fight over them, because whoever owns the tower owns the service. If the Shady Gang owned the Arena tower and the Ham Clan owned the Temple tower, and the two clans were at war, then the Shadies would bar all non-Shady communication, and the Ham Clan members would not be able to communicate long-distance, putting them at a disadvantage.

Besides warfare, there could economical aspects - image the Shadies and the Ham Clan were not at war, but instead neutral. The Shadies could charge the Ham Clan a small fee to use service in their tower zones, and the Hams likewise. If they had a somewhat negative relationship, they could charge them unreasonable fees, but still allow them communication. Or if they were allies, then service would be free.

Naturally, the resource of communication would be highly coveted. If one clan wanted a tower, they could purchase it from them. If they denied the offer, they could ask for cheaper service. If they denied that, then a full-out war could break about between the two clans over the tower.

No need to make a war out of it. (Shady would win, anyways.)

LeGuy

Quote from: Snakeman on January 13, 2010, 09:30:34 PM
No need to make a war out of it. (Shady would win, anyways.)

Lulz. Yes, most likely.
Whee!