News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

new hat ideas ( direct build )

Started by wrinkles, January 05, 2010, 05:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrinkles

I was just thinking.. there are hats that build up speed directly and hats that build up jump directly.. (also hp/stam)

what about a hat that builds up knock back directly.. its not completey neccesary but i would be pretty sweet having it in the game IMO

for some reason every1 asks what version of SO am i suggesting it to.. does it really matter?? To solve it rationally, ill say SO 2 and 3

* EDIT   dont know what it could look like.. so if u like the idea u can sprite it..

To have a better in-sight to this topic, read lucifers comment below ( 3 comments down )

yottabyte

Quote from: readmeSTR: Increases melee attack damage, and increases the amount of knockback you do
AGI: Increases run speed, jump height (for crouch jump), and attack rate
VIT: Increases max hp, defense, hp regeneration, and knockback resistance
INT: Increases max energy, energy regeneration, and the effects of certain skills (once implemented)

There is strength.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

CherryPie

Quote from: yottabyte on January 05, 2010, 05:23:42 AM
Quote from: readmeSTR: Increases melee attack damage, and increases the amount of knockback you do
AGI: Increases run speed, jump height (for crouch jump), and attack rate
VIT: Increases max hp, defense, hp regeneration, and knockback resistance
INT: Increases max energy, energy regeneration, and the effects of certain skills (once implemented)

There is strength.

That was his point. Increase the knockback and keep the damage.
Had it discussed somewhere already if i remember correctly, is possible but not needed.
If you want knockback fun, ask Meiun to put out his BAM-BAM-BAM-uber-Knockback. :)

Lucifer

Quote from: wrinkles
I was just thinking..
No, you weren't, or else your initial post would be more than three sentences long, with actual paragraphs.
Quote from: wrinkles on January 05, 2010, 05:15:04 AM
for some reason every1 asks what version of SO am i suggesting it to.. does it really matter?? To solve it rationally, ill say SO 2 and 3
Yes, it does matter, and the fact that you don't realize that is why I don't like any of your posts. I'm not seeing any thought process in any of your ideas besides "Hey, this could be fun!". Now, this doesn't mean all of your ideas are bad, it just means I don't take them seriously at all. Heres how I might have suggested this idea.

So far in stick online we only have a few items with "special effects", meaning effects that do not visibly increase stats, but enhance their properties. The Feather Hat, Frog/Froggy Hat, and Dragoon Helm increase your jump height, the Bandit Mask and Bandit Cover increase your movement speed, and Disasteroid's helm decreases falling speed. I think the game would be a bit more interesting if we added even more effects than these.

For example, perhaps a hat that increases the knockback delivered to your target. This way, instead of increasing the player's damage and knockback by a minimal amount like a strength hat would, it instead provides no extra damage but a large increase in knockback. Or perhaps a weapon that decreases the movement speed of the target for a short duration, like a cold slow effect.

We could also bring back up the topic of Positively and Negatively beneficial hats, if memory servers originally posted by Pwnage. The knockback hat could work both ways, increasing the knockback you do, and increasing the knockback you receive. Then we could go the extra mile and say that the monsters you get these items from could have these effects. Wouldn't it be more challenging to fight a monster that not only damages you, but slows you? Or some other nasty effect?

There are numerous ways we could enhance the combat system while keeping it balanced and fun by adding a wider variety of special effects to hats, weapons, and maybe even monsters.

Now, doesn't that make you more interested? Your idea could be so much more than just one new hat, but the way you presented it makes it seem like just another dull, previously suggested idea.

Lingus

Luc, +rep. That was awesome.

And yes, whether you intend for an idea to be implemented in SO2 vs. SO3 definitely matters.

CherryPie

wrinkles

lol.. does sound better, honestly i could of made it longer quite easily as u just did but people have complained before if some1 has written too much.. so i summed it up :D .. i guess i should of wrote it like u did but i chose not too at that time..

With the SO2/03 thing, if you read it again, i did say 'to solve it rationally' then put what version it would be mad seeng it in.. which meens i solved it lol.. i didnt want it to be brought up again.. haha - that went the opposite..

and with the actual idea, i forgot to mention that it costs a fair bit of stamina depending on the type of weapon..

In the end, if u dont like the idea, it aint the end of the world.. we are mearly suggesting ideas, it isnt like it is 100% chance for it to be implemented into the game lol

As well, it seems as if you were annoyed by how I wrote it not the actual idea its self..???

Lucifer

Quote from: wrinkles on January 08, 2010, 02:22:27 AM
As well, it seems as if you were annoyed by how I wrote it not the actual idea its self..???
I'm annoyed about how people think of an idea and post it in the same day. How little time is spent actually pondering the pros and cons. Suggestion forums would be much less cluttered with crap if people jotted down their ideas, and developed them over time, before actually posting them.
Quote from: wrinkles
lol.. does sound better, honestly i could of made it longer quite easily as u just did but people have complained before if some1 has written too much.. so i summed it up  .. i guess i should of wrote it like u did but i chose not too at that time..
If someone complains about your post being too long, they're idiots. I was talking to Jezza the other day and he said the exact same thing, how people get annoyed when your posts are too long. I find that ridiculous. How the hell would someone get an idea implemented by only explaining half of it?

wrinkles

I cant be bothered getting comments saying my idea is too long, i think its because they are lazy.. i agree that you should explain in detail about the idea so everyone can consider all the aspects. Therefore people can build on the suggestion and make it into something better.

Next time I will spend more time on a suggestion :D

Lingus

wrinkles

:D    +rep for lucifer lol - even if he had a go at me -.- lol

- or critisism lol  ;)