News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

S.O. Ripoff

Started by stick d00d, January 28, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

Haha seriously. Start asking him stupid questions like "When will the game be out?" "Will it have trading?" "Can you spawn a monster!?" "LOoooooool!!!"

Scotty

Quote from: Lingus on January 29, 2010, 06:27:09 PM
Haha seriously. Start asking him stupid questions like "When will the game be out?" "Will it have trading?" "Can you spawn a monster!?" "LOoooooool!!!"

Oh Gawd, I just snarfed my beer reading that!

Delicious

QuoteNevermind, Thanks
The fight is over, he gave up.  :P
<3

Lingus

Holy crap. Seriously? That was too easy!

T-Rok

Quote from: Scotty on January 29, 2010, 04:42:18 PM
But stick online is the only successful amateur MMO I thought...
Apparently he is desperate for attention when he wants to advertise a free MMO for kids of all ages to play.  I think we should all PM him and not say so much about how he's ripping off another game, just ask him over and over again whether or not he knows what he's getting himself into and who he'll end up attracting as a player base.

Not necessarily true. Yes, it has lasted the longest. But that is due mainly to the fact of a constantly active forum that thrives upon itself. There have been many game upstarts that lasted for a decent amount of time. But they soon died due to the fact of either
A: Horrible Moderation
B: Hacking
C: Schooling
D: Bad Planning
Or, in my case, E: Partner got a boyfriend and stopped going on computers all together. Yes, I worked with a girl. Yes, she was better than me. No, I did not do-the-do with her (so don't ask Luci). Yes, I am claiming it was a good game even if almost the entire system was based on the feel of Stick Online. xD

Now there are many other things, but those are most likely some of the major ones. (except for mine >.>)

Lingus

By your logic, SO was not only successfull because of its community (though that is a big factor). It was also successfull in all of the areas you mentioned. The moderators were great (if I do say so myself) they dealt with issues fairly and for the most part did not abuse their power. Hacking, the few rare times it happened, was dealt with swiftly and decisively. Schooling (I'm guessing you mean the skill of the programmer?) well, we're talking about Meiun here. Bad planning... again, the design of the game, while not perfect (obviously since it's being redone) it was designed pretty well (far better than most other MMOs).

But I will say this. Scott's comment was flawed in one aspect. There is one other succesfull MMO made on GM: Nightfall Online. I think the major difference between the two is that it never had a large following. But other than that it is quite successfull.

Scotty

Quote from: T-Rok on February 01, 2010, 10:51:16 AM
Apparently he is desperate for attention when he wants to advertise a free MMO for kids of all ages to play.  I think we should all PM him and not say so much about how he's ripping off another game, just ask him over and over again whether or not he knows what he's getting himself into and who he'll end up attracting as a player base.

Not necessarily true.

That was sarcasm.  Type "Amateur MMO" into Google, I think it's pretty obvious that Stick Online will not be the first on the results page.

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Scotty on February 01, 2010, 05:14:46 PM

Not necessarily true.

That was sarcasm.  Type "Amateur MMO" into Google, I think it's pretty obvious that Stick Online will not be the first on the results page.
Actually...

Jake

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on February 01, 2010, 06:50:03 PM
Quote from: Scotty on February 01, 2010, 05:14:46 PM

Not necessarily true.

Actually...
LMAO

Scotty

Saw that coming, was half tempted to doctor that up myself.

Lingus

Hah. That was pretty good.

Anyways, I missed that Scott was talking about any amateur MMO. I, for some reason, assumed he meant that it was made with Game Maker.