News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Small Pvp bug

Started by Petro, January 13, 2010, 04:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petro

As me and Birdy1337 show in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHohtt7IjIw, when two people are standing right on each other facing different directions, the person facing right can hit the person facing left with the GS, but not vice versa. This isn't too big of a bug, but it could be kind of important in a pvp if when you swing facing right you know you have more of a chance (not much more but still) of hitting them then you do if you are facing left.

DivineLegend

yeah, has more of a chance happening between two 1 agi pvp'rs than it does against 2 higher agi pvp'rs, but there is that possibility that it could change a match

Epsilon72200

Yeah, I've seen this glitch before too, I thought it was just lag, but I guess not.
This reminds me of a similar glitch where two people facing towards eachother, standing a wide distance apart, barely close enough for a GS to reach, attack at the same time and only one person gets hit, not sure if that was ever fixed, as I remember it from a long time ago.
a.k.a. "[NIN]", "EpsiloNIN" and "PudgeNIN".

DivineLegend

it could be that when you face one way, the box where the GS can hit is shifted over a pixel or two more to one side than the other

Snakeman

So then this ISN'T a pvp bug, it's a hitbox bug.

Either way, it's an okay find, if you wanna be THAT serious about pvp. :S

Jake

This was actually discovered in the first SO   8)

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Jake on January 13, 2010, 07:37:00 PM
This was actually discovered in the first SO   8)
First discovered by me back in 2007.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

And its still not patched....

I'm jking i don't mean to be that harsh. But thanks i did not know about this and i think it could help. Maybe meiun frogot about it.

DivineLegend

reguardless of who found it first, i see it as something that could change a match, though not often

Meiun

Totally forgot that this issue even existed. If I'm not mistaken I believe you have to be positioned EXACTLY right for this to take effect. Believe it's just a small rounding issue. Really shouldn't cause any serious issues but none-the-less I will take a look into it when I get a chance.

DivineLegend

Quote from: Meiun on January 14, 2010, 01:41:32 AM
Totally forgot that this issue even existed. If I'm not mistaken I believe you have to be positioned EXACTLY right for this to take effect. Believe it's just a small rounding issue. Really shouldn't cause any serious issues but none-the-less I will take a look into it when I get a chance.
you have to be right on top of the other person, literally, like in the video, petro and i were on top of each other. (and you can clearly see my pwning petro >:D)