News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Faded GUI!?

Started by Ceroblitz, January 15, 2010, 01:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceroblitz

Objects that change are faded!
I logged in super fast, and this happened..

Looks pretty cool, though.

DivineLegend

IDK what that would be from. It isn't from your comp, i can tell you that

Aqua

If you get to the log in screen fast enough, the text displays are black, not white. This is probably related.
~Aqua

wrinkles

i havnt seen or heard of this before :o

Forum

Quote from: wrinkles on January 17, 2010, 01:04:08 PM
i havnt seen or heard of this before :o
Well now you have xD
Officially quitted

Mr Pwnage

Maybe he has some funky image-alpha setting that changes relative to time at the games start to look nice but you logged in so fast it never reached 1? Idk.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Jake

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on January 17, 2010, 09:24:16 PM
Maybe he has some funky image-alpha setting that changes relative to time at the games start to look nice but you logged in so fast it never reached 1? Idk.
That was actually my guess too. The menu uses alpha functions in the draw event that are used to fade in the GUI. If that is never set to 1 by the time the user is logged in, it'll stay the way it is.

Pat

Some where draw_set_alpha was set below 1 and not changed back. Strange error.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

krele

how in the world did you manage to log in so fast?? As far as I can see, the alpha from menu items shifts to 1 in matter of 2-3 seconds... Macro?

Meiun

Quote from: krele on January 18, 2010, 12:48:32 PM
how in the world did you manage to log in so fast?? As far as I can see, the alpha from menu items shifts to 1 in matter of 2-3 seconds... Macro?
I imagine it was partially due to me making it so you can press enter through most of the start screen stuff now (for those who hadn't realized).

Either way, the login screen was actually the only part of the game that I didn't design/code entirely myself, so it may be an alpha transparency issue like you guys were describing. I'll take a look for the next update.

Aqua

Odd thing though is that the characters/HUD BG/BGs aren't faded. Once a while back I was alone at the temple and got hit by a skeleton. Apparently an alarm got missed, and my character never went back to full alpha. However, I lost patience, and before anyone came, I went back to fighting skeletons. After my next hit taken, things resumed as normal.
~Aqua

DivineLegend

if you notice, its only the stuff that the server pretty much has to send back to him, like the names of the people around him, his lvl, all that, the background i think is presaved to the comp since it doesn't change