News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

spawning event games

Started by ARTgames, January 25, 2010, 06:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Meiun likes spawn things here and there for fun. It would be cool if he had games to go with it also. Here's 2 i can think of.

Have 2 teams. Meiun spawns the same monster(s) for the both of them and who ever kills them first gets a point. Goes on till a score limit is reached.

My other idea of a game would to have a boss spawn and Meiun sets out a time limit in which it must be killed. If you all kill it in the time limit then Meiun spawns a monster with a shorter time limit and so on. When you don't kill the monster in the time provided the games is over.

This idea for stick online 2 or 3. Any more games you all can think of?

LeGuy

Kind of like Monster Carnival in Maplestory?
Whee!

Lingus

This sounds good. And actually, there's no reason why it can't be built into the game without needing Meiun to be there. You can just have different arenas where people go to play these games. Since it's pretty simple rules, I think the programming of the spawning and rewarding system would be fairly easy to set up.

Another game could be where it spawns succesively stronger enemies (either 1 at a time or in waves) as each one is killed (or maybe even on a timer). If you make it all the way to SG (or whatever the hardest monster in SO3 is, or if it's in waves then set a limit) and kill it you win the game. This might be a bit more complicated (depending on what options you go with) and might require it to be programmed in rather than having Meiun figure out all the spawning.

ARTgames

Crebz

How about a skill/item to summon monsters?
i won a competition in adult access now and won $250!

Looperpuck

Quote from: Crebz on January 26, 2010, 12:10:28 AM

Uhm...I think that everyone would agree on no...

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

scsox

Quote from: Looperpuck on January 26, 2010, 12:17:15 AM

Uhm...I think that everyone would agree on no...

~Looperpuck
.  I second this.

Pat

Quote from: Lingus on January 25, 2010, 07:48:58 PM
This sounds good. And actually, there's no reason why it can't be built into the game without needing Meiun to be there. You can just have different arenas where people go to play these games. Since it's pretty simple rules, I think the programming of the spawning and rewarding system would be fairly easy to set up.
The problem with this is, why would people go kill monsters to spawn a boss when they can goto this place and have them spawned for you? The only way I could see this working is as a competitive arena where you get ranked for how well you do and theres like a top 10 scoreboard or something and you get no drops, no exp and no gold from the monsters in the arena.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

DivineLegend

or you can only do it after a certain amount of time or you have to earn the right to be able to play the arena

Lingus

Quote from: Pat on January 26, 2010, 02:47:10 AM
Quote from: Lingus on January 25, 2010, 07:48:58 PM
The problem with this is, why would people go kill monsters to spawn a boss when they can goto this place and have them spawned for you? The only way I could see this working is as a competitive arena where you get ranked for how well you do and theres like a top 10 scoreboard or something and you get no drops, no exp and no gold from the monsters in the arena.
That's not a bad idea. I wasn't really thinking of it in terms of replacing grinding for exp/items.

Alternatively, you can make it so every person involved would have to put in so much gold. If everyone had to pay 5,000 gold to play it might not be as easy for everyone to do or continue to do. But yea, I like the idea of it just being for "fame" or ranking or what have you.

ARTgames

I don't mind those idea at all i was just thinking ok these games like special events. Like after tournament.

But Lingus and pat good thinking. Keep going.

EpicPhailure

That doesn't really belong in this topic. There's enough of a difference to make a new one.

Lingus

Quote from: EpicPhailure on January 26, 2010, 08:13:30 PM

That doesn't really belong in this topic. There's enough of a difference to make a new one.
No need. It's been suggested several times in the past.

Pat

I'm starting to suspect that person is just some bot or something, he's posted that in several topics, some that have nothing to do with suggestions.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

JoEL

Quote from: Pat on January 30, 2010, 05:44:47 AM
I'm starting to suspect that person is just some bot or something, he's posted that in several topics, some that have nothing to do with suggestions.

Maybe he doesn't know much english, if you look through his posts he has a few posts with screenshots of him playing, so i doubt he's a bot.