News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

a small melody i made

Started by venuse, February 27, 2010, 07:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venuse

NotoriousM4^

It's very middle-eastern-esque. You should also try removing some of that extra noise in the background, for a more clean and smooth track.

venuse

thanks, just learning how to do this type of stuff. ive listened to some other peoples' stuff and man i feel like a newb at this hahaha

DivineLegend

when i listened to it, i thought immediately of a dungeon game lol... like one played on a gameboy color 0.o

Ciro

Oh wow! XD This is awesome~! I wish it only lasted longer :3 Where did you get the program to make it?

ARTgames

I felt like a little too much was going on at the same time. but i did like it.

venuse

you can get it hear http://www.drpetter.se/projects.html

also if you think mine has alot of stuff going on at the same time mine only has 3 layers of sound, while one sound from another person i listened to had like 7 layers. also some of my stuff wasnt tuned right and had distortion that didnt need to be their. thanks ciro, ive tried making it longer with different segments but im not good at altering melodies while maintaining the core melody, atleast yet. that was my first attempt :)

ARTgames

You could have 1 layer and still make it sound like too much is going on. Is that not true?

It matters what the layers sound like and how you use them.

venuse

ARTgames

Like if your song was longer and led into that part you uploaded i would have no complaints. I can see my self humming this.

NotoriousM4^

Might I suggest you use FL Studio, or probably rather more well known as "Fruity Loops". Despite it's name, It is a very advanced yet, easy to use program for making music, beats, and melodies.

Official Site: http://flstudio.image-line.com/index.html It isn't free, but you know with some looking around...  ;)

Chaos

Yeah, I think what Art was saying was that the various bits of music don't really mesh too well into one cohesive music.  Almost sounds like 2 or 3 different songs playing at once.  I've messed around with making music too, and making all the parts fit together is really one of the hardest parts of making music, imo.  
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

JoEL

Very big file, is there some way to compress the layers into 1 , maybe that might make the file smaller...
Interesting sounds though, kinda scared me at first because I had my sound up loud.

ARTgames

Quote from: JoEL on March 01, 2010, 01:12:13 AM
Very big file, is there some way to compress the layers into 1 , maybe that might make the file smaller...
Interesting sounds though, kinda scared me at first because I had my sound up loud.
Layers and file size are not directly related in the case.

But it would be nice if he did transcode his work from an uncompressed pcm in a .wav to a nice lossy format like mp3 or aac at a bitrate over 100k. that would save a lot of space when he uploads it to the web.

venuse