News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The Fight Game: The Movie

Started by 11clock, March 03, 2010, 05:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

The Fight Game was a forum game that was started by YayForLife and brought back by me several times. Even though it caused a lot of arguments, it was fun while it lasted. It's also the largest topic on the forums, having 249 pages.
After a while of thinking I decided to start learning stick figure animating. Now I am creating a movie based on the Fight Game's Return, the most recent Fight Game. The movie is titled The Fight for Time. Notice that this will be BASED on the Fight Game. The movie won't be exactly like the game itself.
Only some of the people who played the Fight Game have made it into the movie. In order to be in the movie you must of had either a very important character, a really awesome and epic character, or both. Please don't be offended if you weren't put in the movie.
If you want to watch the movie the links to the parts are below. Please know that I am not an expert animator, so don't expect something completely awesome and breathtaking. I'm still learning, people!

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT2wzhccpkQ
Part 2: To Be Uploaded

Extras:

"I Love You!": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXm8BjbFWkM

P.S.: Please subscribe to Sticlock!

God-I-Suck

Haha that was awesome, nice job! Was actually entertaining! Can't wait for more!

tehrozzy

My eyes are bleeding.
If your gonna use pivot(please dont), you need to put SH*TLOADS of effort in. Use flash or tisfat or something instead.
Other then that, it was alright. Sound effects were annoying though.

And as far as I can tell, I play no role in this, even having brought the game to the stick online community. But I don't really care that much, more of an obersavtion.

JoEL

None of this made any sense to me at all...I can atleast see you put time and effort into it...

11clock

@YayForLife: I was thinking about using Anime Studio, but that thing confuses me. I'll keep using Pivot/Stykz, but I'll try to use darker colors to make the eyes feel more comfortable. Part 2 will have darker ground in the grass and sand areas. You also have no role in this because the movie is based on Fight Games Return, and you didn't take part in that fight game.

@JoEL: Things will start making more sense in Part 2. It won't have as much jumping around because the characters will not be as spread out as before. All you need to know is that everyone in the movie has no idea who they are and what happened.

tehrozzy

Quote from: 11clock on March 04, 2010, 07:55:07 AM
@YayForLife: I was thinking about using Anime Studio, but that thing confuses me. I'll keep using Pivot/Stykz, but I'll try to use darker colors to make the eyes feel more comfortable.
Wow, im surprised you didnt ask what tisfat was. Just so you know, its like pivot but with inverse kinematics(moving an arm will move the whole body, or if you lock the shoulder joint, just the arm). It also has built in tweening between keyframes. Just so you know. Epic tisfat collab

11clock

Quote from: YayForLife on March 04, 2010, 05:27:49 PM
Quote from: 11clock on March 04, 2010, 07:55:07 AM
@YayForLife: I was thinking about using Anime Studio, but that thing confuses me. I'll keep using Pivot/Stykz, but I'll try to use darker colors to make the eyes feel more comfortable.
Wow, im surprised you didnt ask what tisfat was. Just so you know, its like pivot but with inverse kinematics(moving an arm will move the whole body, or if you lock the shoulder joint, just the arm). It also has built in tweening between keyframes. Just so you know.

Wow. I am definably going to switch to tisfat and use it to make the rest of the movie! And maybe also remake Part 1! Thanks for letting me know about the program!

EDIT: Can't find the download link to the Mac version of Tisfat. Mind posting the link?

EDIT2: Decided to stick with the Windows version. Still testing tisfat out.

tehrozzy

BTW, its helpful to use 7.0.3, most stable version so far.
incase you cant find it, TISFAT Community
Link to all the downloadable versions is up the top.

Josh

Did you use tisfat for your signature? it loooks trsty but how can you get custom objects if you cant make them very well :P

tehrozzy

Quote from: Josh on March 06, 2010, 05:26:46 AM
Did you use tisfat for your signature? it loooks trsty but how can you get custom objects if you cant make them very well :P
No my siggy is flash. Custom is a bit dodgy at first, it takes a bit of getting used to. If you go to the community i mentioned earlier theres tutorial for stuff like that on it.

crozier

Which fight game is this bassed off of?

11clock

LeGuy

Haha, I was seriously amused when I made an appearance. You did a somewhat-okay job of animating my atmospheric descent, but I would definitely continue working on your drawing skills.

Oh, yeah, and my gem was blue, not red. And LeGolem has a small gem in the middle of his torso.
Whee!

11clock

Quote from: LeGuy on March 06, 2010, 11:37:17 AM
Haha, I was seriously amused when I made an appearance. You did a somewhat-okay job of animating my atmospheric descent, but I would definitely continue working on your drawing skills.

Oh, yeah, and my gem was blue, not red. And LeGolem has a small gem in the middle of his torso.

I'll make sure to change the color of the gem in the remastered version. I tried to put a small gem on LeGolem, but due to the limitations of Pivot I wasn't able to. It looked really weird, so I just decided to remove the small gem.

LeGuy

Whee!