News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

A very strange and slightly random question, that has bothered me for some time.

Started by Mr Pwnage, March 31, 2010, 01:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on March 31, 2010, 06:01:34 PM@ Lingus: I see what you are saying, but assume your that innocent twin, I'm sure you and many others would feel it wrong to put a completely innocent person in jail. Just a quick thought...Maybe they would consider "life house arrest", and twin #2 can only leave when twin #1 is doing something? Like wear one of those ankle bracelets?
I understand your point completely. But like I said, the priority is on keeping the murderer in jail. If it means having an innocent person in jail as well then so be it. I'm pretty sure that happens all the time anyways. When a trial goes through and someone who is in fact innocent is declared guilty, it's the same thing. It's the cost of our judicial system.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Lingus on March 31, 2010, 08:41:24 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on March 31, 2010, 06:01:34 PM@ Lingus: I see what you are saying, but assume your that innocent twin, I'm sure you and many others would feel it wrong to put a completely innocent person in jail. Just a quick thought...Maybe they would consider "life house arrest", and twin #2 can only leave when twin #1 is doing something? Like wear one of those ankle bracelets?
I understand your point completely. But like I said, the priority is on keeping the murderer in jail. If it means having an innocent person in jail as well then so be it. I'm pretty sure that happens all the time anyways. When a trial goes through and someone who is in fact innocent is declared guilty, it's the same thing. It's the cost of our judicial system.

Also something discussed in the article I found... Where an idea was that they'd put the siamese twins in jail, but the innocent twin would get some sort of compensation, like financial. Because, apparently wrongly accused people who are put in jail and are later found innocent get a fairly large sum of money as compensation. At least that's what I read....

It also goes on to say that the guilty tiwn, once out of jail(depending on the crime)could become a registered sex offender, or have negative marks on his record, whereas the innocent one would get only benefits.

which thinking about it, if you give the innocent one financial benefits, it would ultimately benefit the guilty twin also... lol. Like if the inocent one bought a house, went on vacation, etc, the guilty one might not get to decide what to do with the money, but he'd benefit from it.

Ultimately, There really isn't ONE single way to answer this question. It depends on the situation & severity of the crime.

@MrPwnage: I recall somewhere in the article british siamese twins were legally forced to be seperated. Though I don't remember what the situation was in that case or how long ago.. but it's in there somewhere :x

Meiun

I say put the bad twin behind bars, and let the good one sit on the outside of the bars with TV out of view of his criminal brother, a nice bed, and a butler that brings him tea and crumpets all day that he isnt aloud to give to his brother.

DivineLegend

Quote from: Meiun on April 01, 2010, 12:40:13 AM
I say put the bad twin behind bars, and let the good one sit on the outside of the bars with TV out of view of his criminal brother, a nice bed, and a butler that brings him tea and crumpets all day that he isnt aloud to give to his brother.
well, i can see what you are saying, but i don't see how, as they are joined still, and as pwnage said, share the same vitals, but only share the legs. wait, that doesn't add up...

Mr Pwnage

One problem: They share the same digestive systems, so the nutrients would pamper both of them :o .

@ DT: Yeah I read that bit about the not losing right IE sex offender and whatnot. But that wasn't saying that the good twin would get benefits, it's just saying that it wouldn't lose rights. So basically the post-felon punishments apply to twin 2 but twin 1 is exempt from them. As far as monetary compensation goes, I think with that set of logic we would be closer to getting as fair and just as possible. Also it seems that many people are suggesting separation of some sort. I just had another brilliant idea though:

Twin number 2 must wear handcuffs the length of his life sentence and must where a blindfold the length of his life sentence. So that way, he is basically shut out of life by not being able to see or use his hands. I suppose you would even fasten titanium ear plugs into him and nose plugs so that he can't hear or smell either. Might be getting a bit extreme though...
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Meiun

Quote from: DivineLegend on April 01, 2010, 12:43:04 AM
well, i can see what you are saying, but i don't see how, as they are joined still, and as pwnage said, share the same vitals, but only share the legs. wait, that doesn't add up...
Ehhh I was kidding anyways :P

Chaos

The thing you have to consider, however, is that you could also potentially argue that twin #2 isn't exactly innocent, since he didn't STOP twin #1.  I mean, god, you share the same body, or at least part of it.  How could one POSSIBLY get away with, say, murdering someone, without the other twin not stopping him?  What's twin #1 gonna do, kill twin #2?  Considering they share organs, and thus, veins and arteries, you'd pretty much be committing suicide.

I think the reason the question is so difficult, is because it's asking about a situation that is almost impossible...  :-\
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

HeroicHero

There was a movie with this situation called "Stuck On You". When one of the twins got into jail they pretty much did what Meiun said. They put the guy who committed the crime in jail, closed the bars between them, and gave the other guy a TV and a sandwich. o_O

Lingus

Quote from: Chaos on April 01, 2010, 02:41:48 AM
The thing you have to consider, however, is that you could also potentially argue that twin #2 isn't exactly innocent, since he didn't STOP twin #1.  I mean, god, you share the same body, or at least part of it.  How could one POSSIBLY get away with, say, murdering someone, without the other twin not stopping him?
It's possible for one of the twins to overpower the other, or perhaps one of them is sleeping or unconcious. I dunno....

Kbob32

What would happen if one twin #2 stabbed twin #1 in the face?

Would they both die?
VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!

Scotty

Chaos

Quote from: Kbob32 on April 01, 2010, 04:04:13 PM
What would happen if one twin #2 stabbed twin #1 in the face?

Would they both die?

Well, as I stated, they are sharing organs, so they are (theoretically) sharing veins and arteries at some point as well.  So yeah.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

NotSoCheerios

Didn't they do that in the movie Stuck on You?

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: NotSoCheerios on April 01, 2010, 10:35:39 PM
Didn't they do that in the movie Stuck on You?
Probably because HeriocHero mentioned that movie as well a couple posts up. I haven't even heard of it till now.

And guys they share all the veins below the waist because that's where I said they were joined...But that also includes liver, intestines etc so yeah if you fed one poison it would affect the other. Though I'm not sure what killing the 2 twins together has to do with this because at least I'd hope there would be a more reasonable verdict than that?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php