News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Some hats I made

Started by Looperpuck, September 25, 2010, 02:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looperpuck

Well, I made a couple hats, just because I have been bored lately. They aren't that great, but there not super bad either, I wanted to put them up here to get everyones opinion and see if they are good enough to go in game. Thanks.

Just a simple hood.

'Nother type of Knight helmet.

Newspaper hat.

Reindeer antlers, and red nose.

Some type of winged helmet, I unno.

Ranger/Archers cap

Witch hat

~Looperpuck

Resurrected

xCoCex

BA hunting started 6.10.10 - ...
BAs killed: 48
Gold: 39
Spire Dagger: 0
Bandit Cover: 0
Bandit Mask: 6
Dagger: 3

Mystery

I actually really like these(sole exception is reindeer antlers and nose, just because it isn't truly a hat, and we have way too much Christmas items as compared to the rest of the event items already.). However, not trying to rain on your parade, but because SOv2 isn't really being developed, I think the only updates we'll see from this point on are maintenance and event updates. Just my 2 cents.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Freeforall

Those are pretty good! My favourite would have to be the news paper hat.
How long did it take to make those?

Freeforall

Looperpuck

@ mystery: Yeah I kinda figured they wouldn't go in game. But thanks for the critisizm =D

@ Freeforall: Only about 15 minutes per sprite.

I'm also taking suggestions, because I'm running out of original things to sprite.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Freeforall

Hmm... Suggestions for hats?

Cowboy Hat
Police Hat
Maybe some Wigs?

Did you draw those in Paint?

Looperpuck

Good suggestions, and yeah I drew em' in paint .

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

ARTgames

I like the hood. Good Halloween hat!

Mystery

Quote from: Looperpuck on September 25, 2010, 03:11:20 PM
@ mystery: Yeah I kinda figured they wouldn't go in game. But thanks for the critisizm =D
No prob. In fact, I really should elaborate some.  :)

(Below names are completely unoriginal, just to show what I'm making a point about. Some below suggestions are based on the supposition that they would be implemented, meaning other things would be hypothetically added according to my own opinion on the matter. I fully realize that none of this is up to me whatsoever, it's more of a 'if I could add this, this is how I'd do it'.)

Black Hood- I couldn't see this coming from any current monster in SO. Rather, since Halloween is coming up, there could be a Reaper boss monster over at the temple that spawns half as often as a DS. It could drop Scythe, this hood, and(because you can't have an event boss monster like this without a new hat AND weapon, unless it fires lasers)a Death Scythe(like what the Spire Dagger is to the Dagger, except not like the Spire Dagger in mechanics)that would look similar to THIS. This one is my personal favorite, simply because I could imagine myself wearing it all the time. A stat suggestion for could be +4 STR, +2 VIT, +4 INT, and +25 HP. Looks great.

Knight Armor- A new knight hat, and because DKH is currently the best PVP hat, I'd like to provide sort of an alternative. RB has enough knight drops already, so I guess this would only be suitable as a shop item; however, due to the sorry state of the non-existent economy(and the fact essentially everyone on the server could easily buy it), that wouldn't be smart. The only other idea I have would be to lump it in with the Deluxe Present, to distinguish it a bit more from the SG. For a stat suggestion, I'd say +4 STR and +6 Def would work somewhat well. Looks nice.

Newspaper Hat- There is absolutely no way I could think this could drop from anything whatsoever. The first thing that comes to mind is the Shady newspaper guy in the desert. I guess I'm going to have to lump it in with the Deluxe Present again. Stat suggestion could be +3 AGI, +4 INT, +30 HP. Looks good, although there seems to be no print on that newspaper.  :P

Reindeer Costume- I dislike this because it isn't really a hat, like I said earlier.(Awkward seeing something like that drop.) And it looks the ugliest out of all the hats. I would not like to see this in-game at all.

Tornado Helm(First thing that jumped to mind, reminded me of Tornado Man from MM9.)- Again, hats like this that don't really seem like they could come from anything in-game seem to be the most popular suggestions, for some reason. I'm not lumping this with the Deluxe anymore, instead, I think that the Rock Demon should drop this. (Would be about as rare as Spire Dagger from BA.) Could bring some life back into the mountain. Stat suggestion could be +3 STR, +1 jump, +.5 running speed, and -.5 gravity.

igufed

I kind of like the reindeer one.. (to Mystery about not being a real hat and not fitting into the game, what do you call all three variations of bunny ears?  Same exact thing with these..)

Since with the nose it makes it 'Rudolf' and he can fly.. I think the only advantage or stat to this hat should be like the anti gravity crown..

That's my 2 cents.. (only really posted because I was annoyed at Mystery saying this shouldn't be in the game because it isn't a real "hat" while this game already has hat items that aren't hats..)

Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Looperpuck

Thanks alot mystery! And you to for defending me Igu :P Anyone have any critisizm on the kinght helmet, because it doesn't seem right to me for some reason, and I cant find out why.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Mystery

Quote from: igufed on September 25, 2010, 06:54:05 PM
I kind of like the reindeer one.. (to Mystery about not being a real hat and not fitting into the game, what do you call all three variations of bunny ears?  Same exact thing with these..)

Since with the nose it makes it 'Rudolf' and he can fly.. I think the only advantage or stat to this hat should be like the anti gravity crown..

That's my 2 cents.. (only really posted because I was annoyed at Mystery saying this shouldn't be in the game because it isn't a real "hat" while this game already has hat items that aren't hats..)
I suppose that was a rather weak argument. To clarify, I make an exception to the bunny ears because all Meiun would have to do to make them true hats would be to add a headband portion to it, like fake bunny ears IRL. You can't do that with a separate headpiece and nose piece, and it looks more awkward IMO, to have floating antlers above and a pre-tied nose piece on the ground than separated bunny ears without a headband. I understand how others could disagree with me. Sorry about not making that clear.

EDIT:

Quote from: Looperpuck on September 25, 2010, 06:58:42 PM
Thanks alot mystery! And you to for defending me Igu :P Anyone have any critisizm on the kinght helmet, because it doesn't seem right to me for some reason, and I cant find out why.

~Looperpuck
I had a trivial concern to that effect about the red fuzz on the top, although I thought it looked okay as is. It looked too unnatural. That could be fixed by cropping out the end(the tentacle-ish part).

Looperpuck

Okay thanks mystery. Ill try that ina bit.

Edit: New addition.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Aqua

Looperpuck

Looks nice, thanks for the help  ;D Any suggestions for hats?

~Loooperpuck
Resurrected