News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Pirate Arr

Started by Ceroblitz, December 29, 2009, 04:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Ceroblitz on December 29, 2009, 05:31:59 PM
Quote from: Pat on December 29, 2009, 05:27:14 PM
The attack animation looks very unsmooth, but I like the idea. The only other problem I can pick with it is that he is wearing a captain hat.
The unsmooth part is on purpose. And captain hat, ehh... we'll just see what happens ;)
I know its on purpose, but the blade just flips.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Demeni

Ahem.... Parrot on teh head. That is all.

crozier

Cero said it was ok to post a sprite in his topic so here.

Bird/Pirate hat

Bird on shoulder

Bird on head.

EpicPhailure

The shoulder looks REALLY weird. It looks more like some sort of ribbon or bowtie.

Demeni

;D Parrot on the head! ty Crozier.

Lingus

Quote from: crozier on December 29, 2009, 10:05:29 PM

Bird/Pirate hat
I like that one. The others look odd. Good idea though. Now just add a peg leg and a hook hand or something and we've got a ship's captain!

Epsilon72200

@ Cero, I love the idea and everything, the attacking animation fits perfectly in SO.

@ Croz, XD Awesome birds :D lol at the "bird on head".
a.k.a. "[NIN]", "EpsiloNIN" and "PudgeNIN".

crozier

Yeah my personal favorite is the first one.
2nd one shoulder is odd.
Wow 4 posts in a minute!

Demeni

I really hope this makes it in. Then I will be able to say I had an impact on the game :D The first one is the one that.... isn't weird.  ;)

crozier

Arg!
Now he has a hook for a hand. Er wait sticks dont have hands.

Demeni

Two things.
1. His arm looks like its rubber.
2. He's picking his nose with a hook. Ouch...

Ceroblitz

Demeni

Nice, pirates with parrots added :D

wrinkles

What if you start from scratch with the captain.. i know it would be difficult.. but look at the dark sage.. make it a tad larger than the other pirates and put an outfit on him..
i like the pirate with the red hat.. maybe, the pirate with the red hat could be a weaker version of the pirate (like a beginner pirate), while the other pirate with original pirate hat could be a stronger version.. (sorry if i dosnt make sense this keyboard is screwing up and i cant think straight lol)

Quote from: krele on December 29, 2009, 08:25:47 PM
Also, power up the pirate hat, so people would actually have a use from the ship area. How about +6 STR +2 VIT +2 DEF? Why not having a new, powerful hat in this new area?

I personally like this idea.. what if there are 2 pirate hat availible, one with the a parrot and one without
- the difference.. the one with the parrot gets up 2 INT while the one without gets up 2 vit (plus the 6 STR and 2 DEF to both of them)
this would then have 2 new hats availible

NotoriousM4^

Damn Cero, you really beat me to the chase on this one. Lol, I had already started thinking of Ideas to create a Pirate but I was gonna ask for your help anyways, So I guess I should just post them here so we could possibly make a collaboration xD

So here is what I got so far, I blew it up so you could see some of the progression. The farthest to the left is the ideal size I was thinking of, just slightly larger than the normal pirate hat and stick figure, and I think the body should be a little huskier too.

Edit: I also think that there should be two types of Pirates at the spawn, perhaps one with a pirate hat and cutlass, and the other with a bandanna and hook. The main pirate ( the one with Cutlass and Pirate Hat) would be slightly larger/taller/faster than the rest.

2nd Edit: The image got re-sized when I posted it here, so it's a tad bit blurry when it comes to the smaller images so here is the direct link: http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1121/pirateface.png