News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online City (Stickopolis!)

Started by Lucifer, September 15, 2010, 01:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystery

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on September 20, 2010, 08:46:40 PM
Quote from: Lingus on September 20, 2010, 06:07:05 PM
Well, I guess, as a compromise, it would be fine to have people add a small paragraph describing some building or feature they would like to add to the city. If it's a previous suggestion, just make referrence to it. Anything that goes beyond that, or kicks off a larger discussion relating to one specific suggestion, should have a new topic.

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. I'm interested though in what would be the major downsides to having a centralized location with things like this.
Probably the fact that certain things in this central city may only BE in this central city, meaning if you need something from there, you must go allllllll the way back. Teleporting/mounts/whatever could remedy that. Of course, there should be small towns scattered across the SO world with shops and inns, minor conveniences.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: 11clock on September 16, 2010, 05:08:11 PM

Bank
They give you money that you must pay back later in order to receive more. The amount of money you can borrow depends on your level.

I like the idea of a bank, but perhaps to give people incentive to keep their money in the bank there could be a possibility of losing money while you out in the wild, maybe if you die a monster could take your money or you could be robbed etc... also a penalty if you don't pay your loan back to the bank on time, like a team of bounty hunters come after you...

11clock

Prison of the Big and Bad
The place where you can pay gold to fight all the bosses in the game, from weakest to strongest. None of them will be able to drop items though. However, once you die or reach the end you will get rewards based on how far you got. The rewards consist of experience and craft items (if we will be able to craft armor and weapons). You can enter with a party of maximum of 4.

Meiun

While I'm not really up for talking specifics just yet, I can say that SO V3 will have some more modern themed places than V2 ended up having. I had never really intended for V2 to all just be wilderness and small villages, we just hadn't really gotten to the bigger stuff yet. The game is not exactly set in past times or anything like that though. You can expect some more stuff like V1 in V3 for sure.

Freeforall

Quote from: Meiun on September 23, 2010, 08:52:48 PM
While I'm not really up for talking specifics just yet, I can say that SO V3 will have some more modern themed places than V2 ended up having. I had never really intended for V2 to all just be wilderness and small villages, we just hadn't really gotten to the bigger stuff yet. The game is not exactly set in past times or anything like that though. You can expect some more stuff like V1 in V3 for sure.
That sounds awesome. V1 was great.
I just hope it won't be like this:

Meiun

Lol, no. It won't be like that. There will still be plenty of nature and whatnot.

Looperpuck

Quote from: Freeforall on September 24, 2010, 03:36:32 PM
Quote from: Meiun on September 23, 2010, 08:52:48 PM
That sounds awesome. V1 was great.
I just hope it won't be like this:

god that would be amazing. Hahah, be so awesome if stick online turned out kinda like that.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

HamsterPants

I'm just gonna pretend that it looks like this.