News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Pirate Arr

Started by Ceroblitz, December 29, 2009, 04:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

If he is going to limp he should at least have a peg leg.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

EpicPhailure

If it's limping, then the part where the body sinks forward because of the weak leg is off. The timing is wrong. Normally, the limp happens when you're putting your weight onto the weaker leg, which can't support your body regularly, and causes that sink.

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Pat on January 01, 2010, 12:16:55 AM
Note that that sprite is for the:
Quote from: Ceroblitz on December 31, 2009, 01:54:46 AM

Minimal pirate details walk

Jaso

Kind off the topic of the walking, but if the pirate boss does have a hook, I think it should be weapon.

Lingus

He should definitely have a peg leg. Regardless of "limp". Though a limp would work.

CherryPie

thats awesome.

you have bandits with bandit masks + daggers, now we could have pirates with sabres and pirate hat.

Then we have Bandit assassin with Bandit cover + spire dagger, now we could have captain with eye patch/captain hat and a sweet hook.

Everything could fit in perfectly. But regarding the bandit drops being speed focused, the pirate drops should be strength focused.

Sabre could be a stronger short sword with longer attack animation and the hook could be as big as the spire but with a longer attack animation and more damage.

Arrr!

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: CherryPie on January 03, 2010, 02:33:47 PM
Everything could fit in perfectly. But regarding the bandit drops being speed focused, the pirate drops should be strength focused.

I kind of agree with this, however I think maybe vitality and even possibly int would be a little more fitting. Seeing, as we already seem to have quite a few speed, strength, and jump hats.

Pat

You know what would also be cool? If the captain like pulls his arm back and the hook grows like to twice the size so he can pwn moar.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

krele

Quote from: Lingus on January 02, 2010, 02:51:21 PM
He should definitely have a peg leg. Regardless of "limp". Though a limp would work.
I agree with cunni... It would be awesome to have a crippled pirate in the game =D

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Pat on January 06, 2010, 01:37:10 AM
You know what would also be cool? If the captain like pulls his arm back and the hook grows like to twice the size so he can pwn moar.
Rofl, I was just working on this idea too.

Ciro

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on December 30, 2009, 12:22:44 AM
Damn Cero, you really beat me to the chase on this one. Lol, I had already started thinking of Ideas to create a Pirate but I was gonna ask for your help anyways, So I guess I should just post them here so we could possibly make a collaboration xD

So here is what I got so far, I blew it up so you could see some of the progression. The farthest to the left is the ideal size I was thinking of, just slightly larger than the normal pirate hat and stick figure, and I think the body should be a little huskier too.

Edit: I also think that there should be two types of Pirates at the spawn, perhaps one with a pirate hat and cutlass, and the other with a bandanna and hook. The main pirate ( the one with Cutlass and Pirate Hat) would be slightly larger/taller/faster than the rest.

2nd Edit: The image got re-sized when I posted it here, so it's a tad bit blurry when it comes to the smaller images so here is the direct link: http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1121/pirateface.png

I like C and D the best. They'd make for a good pirate Captain

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on January 01, 2010, 01:49:46 AM
Quote from: Pat on January 01, 2010, 12:16:55 AM
Note that that sprite is for the:
Quote from: Ceroblitz on December 31, 2009, 01:54:46 AM

Minimal pirate details walk

And his walk looks like the Michael Jackson walk X3

But personally I kinda like the pirate dood without the peg leg O-o it just seems to be a bit much in my opinion. Other than that, I actually really like what you've done here! :D

venuse

c and d are my favs, better pirate hat then i can make and ive tried. love the beard on d.

Lingus

I still say the peg leg is a must. It finishes off the look.

xgamer

Remember some pirates did have guns (aka the CAPEM MATE!)

Looperpuck

STOP NECROING ON EVERY TOPIC!

~Looperpuck
Resurrected