News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Vindictus

Started by Meiun, September 11, 2010, 12:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Well, after playing yesterday and today, I've realized that it needs a lot of polish.  I fully understand the terms "beta" and "free", but for Christ's sake, that whole thing us beta testers do, where we report bugs (yeah, those of us that actually beta test properly), we need a place to do it, and unless my ignorance is leading me astray, I can't even find a freakin' link to go and report bugs that I see.  I'm not even referring to the absolutely horrendous and unbearable lag, or anything like that, I'm talking in the Prologue, when the spider magically climbed thin air as though it was the tower off in the other direction and the camera was thrown way off, yeah, that's a bug, and a big one.

It needs a lot of work still, and to those who have yet to try it, don't think it's the next WoW or anything yet, I just hope they don't decide to release it with all the issues they are having with it right now.

venuse

just to let you know i took this key
1084D55F423C4DA68ABC

and thank you for the key :P

ARTgames

Quote from: Scotty on September 17, 2010, 06:21:46 PM
  I'm not even referring to the absolutely horrendous and unbearable lag, or anything like that, I'm talking in the Prologue, when the spider magically climbed thin air as though it was the tower off in the other direction and the camera was thrown way off, yeah, that's a bug, and a big one.

No pun intended?

Meiun

Well, after playing yesterday and today, I've realized that it needs a lot of polish.  I fully understand the terms "beta" and "free", but for Christ's sake, that whole thing us beta testers do, where we report bugs (yeah, those of us that actually beta test properly), we need a place to do it, and unless my ignorance is leading me astray, I can't even find a freakin' link to go and report bugs that I see.  I'm not even referring to the absolutely horrendous and unbearable lag, or anything like that, I'm talking in the Prologue, when the spider magically climbed thin air as though it was the tower off in the other direction and the camera was thrown way off, yeah, that's a bug, and a big one.

It needs a lot of work still, and to those who have yet to try it, don't think it's the next WoW or anything yet, I just hope they don't decide to release it with all the issues they are having with it right now.
Ran flawlessly on my computer. No lag, no graphical issues. Try updating your gpu drivers maybe?

Scotty

Quote from: Meiun on September 17, 2010, 08:03:41 PM
Well, after playing yesterday and today, I've realized that it needs a lot of polish.  I fully understand the terms "beta" and "free", but for Christ's sake, that whole thing us beta testers do, where we report bugs (yeah, those of us that actually beta test properly), we need a place to do it, and unless my ignorance is leading me astray, I can't even find a freakin' link to go and report bugs that I see.  I'm not even referring to the absolutely horrendous and unbearable lag, or anything like that, I'm talking in the Prologue, when the spider magically climbed thin air as though it was the tower off in the other direction and the camera was thrown way off, yeah, that's a bug, and a big one.

Ran flawlessly on my computer. No lag, no graphical issues. Try updating your gpu drivers maybe?

Nah, almost certain that's not it.  One minute I'm running perfectly fine, the next minute I join a team and I have 1 bar, skipping across the map constantly at an unbearable rate.  There's a lot of things that they need to work on before they release it obviously, I just hope they are diligent with their updates as they seemingly have been.

EDIT: By the way, I'm TwatPaddle on the west server for anyone that's playing.

Meiun

That's pretty weird. My guy is level 11, havs grouped with numerous different people, and never seen a wink of lag or any bugs. My brother has said the same thing, and he's running it on a fairly shitty mac laptop thats using bootcamp. I'd definitely go ahead and report it though, may be some sortof compatibility bug with something on your computer. That whole spider climbing in the air thing really makes me think its somehow graphics related though.

It may be more effort than you want to put into testing it, but you could always try to load another source engine game onto your computer to see if you have the same issues. Think I've even got a spare copy of Half Life 2 available if you want it.

Oh, and as a side note. I have moved over to the East server now that it has been functional, so anyone else that happens to be on it and wants to add me, go for it. Name is the same as always.

Seifer

Lag is dependent on your group. The game is P2P. Thus, if you get some faggot from Africa who went around the IP block, you could have your connection shot.

Scotty

Quote from: Seifer on September 17, 2010, 11:08:17 PM
Lag is dependent on your group. The game is P2P. Thus, if you get some faggot from Africa who went around the IP block, you could have your connection shot.

I had a sneaking suspicion that might be the case, as the party leader always has 5 bars, and everyone else has less....

Meiun

Thats a possibility I guess, although I havn't played any other source engine based game where that is the case. I've also had people in my group with only 1 bar of latency on a number of occasions and still not seen any noticeable problems. Easiest way to test I guess would just be to launch your own boat with nobody else in your party and try a mission that way. Would at least help narrow it down a bit.

Seifer

It is the case. Google it, it's Peer to Peer. Though I think the servers may have something to do with it as well. I couldn't find a group that wasn't laggy.

Meiun

Hrmph, I have honestly yet to find a group that was. Definitely not trying to say your wrong. I am playing on the East server (which is the one I should) though. Either way, I've certainly never been a big fan of that design method.

Scotty

This isn't exactly Oracle funding this project, and I can't imagine they have unlimited resources at their disposal to host the servers to dedicate resources necessary for each instance to run flawlessly.  They likely don't have much other options.

Seifer

Quote from: Meiun on September 18, 2010, 12:56:19 AM
Hrmph, I have honestly yet to find a group that was. Definitely not trying to say your wrong. I am playing on the East server (which is the one I should) though. Either way, I've certainly never been a big fan of that design method.

It's deffinatly the night thing. Past midnight or 1 am I mean. I see people bitching on their forums now. I guess this late, no matter what, everyones connection is shot.

T-Rok

I've yet to have a single error as well. And my craptop built in graphics card can barely handle it, I have run it in lowest possible graphics for constant 30fps.

venuse

finally got the darn thing downloaded. that was a pain in the ass. now patch and ill be on west server. dont feel like spending the time to download the east if it works that way.

all patched up and playing. character on west server and name ecalash. dont really see too many bugs. however have noticed my fps drop down to about 20 when there is like 5 or more peeps in an area and usually im getting 40 and 60. tried being in a group and my connection bars went from 5 down to 2 or 1, with a disconnect from the server.