News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The GS problem.

Started by Celson, February 19, 2011, 05:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum

GS should go in shop for 750k.
Officially quitted

Mystery

Quote from: Forum on February 20, 2011, 11:47:47 AM
GS should go in shop for 750k.
That's just too much. *I* don't even have that much yet, and I've been level 100 for a while.  :-X
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Prosper

120 hours isn't that much grinding. I do that in 10 days more or less. And I grinded for a few months before Atlas got GS.

All the known super lucky people (except havok or kokkorio) im thinking more of Dan Igu or me, play a lot more than most people and hunt actively and efficiently on stuff at the right moments. Its not just pure unfair luck. Its just that playing more, and in an efficient method raises the probability of getting the items.

Maybe you just dont realise that I play S.O. from 7 am until sometimes midnight 5 days a week (when I work) and I am semi-active while working but still taking time to get treshold on each available targets as often as I can.

I totally understand Celson or Mystery as I've lived that too.. The root problem is not that GS is not sold in shop or drop rate is too rare. The root problem is that SO 2 is incomplete and lacks working economy/trading between players. For example : if 42! wanted to make 250k selling his extra GS to Mystery and hope to purchase IS from toot for 500k so toot could buy slasher from havok for 1 million... that would be a perfect solution without cheesing any item and without making a whole area deserted.

So this is my answer to this topic basicaly.. Don't change drop rate and don't put it up in a shop. If anything we need ways to do transactions between players that can't be abused by players owning different accounts (like fixed minimum price for item like... GS 250k+... or something)

JoEL

I got a better idea, let's make all weapons aquireable at the shop for 100gp, be mad fun bro.

jackel1994

If GS goes into shop, it will cease all players within the Wall portion of the desert thus reducing the SG spawn rate by less then 50%. Do you all want that to happen? I persoanlly do NOT! Keep GS out of shops;] Even though id love it to be there it would only screw stuff up.

Mystery

Quote from: JoEL on February 21, 2011, 04:44:26 PM
I got a better idea, let's make all weapons aquireable at the shop for 100gp, be mad fun bro.
Yes, because that's not completely blowing our point out of proportion, nor a ignorant mockery of the topic.  :-X

Quote from: jackel1994 on February 21, 2011, 04:46:47 PM
If GS goes into shop, it will cease all players within the Wall portion of the desert thus reducing the SG spawn rate by less then 50%. Do you all want that to happen? I persoanlly do NOT! Keep GS out of shops;] Even though id love it to be there it would only screw stuff up.
I say that's nonsense, namely because several people who have GS and other items still go to the wall relatively often, and people try to make SGs spawn of their own accord by drowning/killing anyways, so there wouldn't be that big(if there was one at all)of a decrease in activity at wall. There's always new players/low levels that won't have enough Gold to buy it.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

JoEL

Well, I myself got a gs at 34 on one char and 80+ on another. But here's a Q for the OP. You are saying that the gs is an inferior tier weapon, why do you want one then? I'll tell you why. It's because it's not an inferior weapon and for it to still be a challenge to obtain one, sounds fair to me. Most people still use gs to date. It's easily the most used weapon. Anyway I doubt this will be implemented seeing as 2 people are all QQ.

Summary: GS Is still a popular and most used pvp weapon. There for should remain being a rare drop.

Celson

Quote from: Prosper on February 20, 2011, 11:00:12 PM
120 hours isn't that much grinding. I do that in 10 days more or less. And I grinded for a few months before Atlas got GS.

All the known super lucky people (except havok or kokkorio) im thinking more of Dan Igu or me, play a lot more than most people and hunt actively and efficiently on stuff at the right moments. Its not just pure unfair luck. Its just that playing more, and in an efficient method raises the probability of getting the items.

Maybe you just dont realise that I play S.O. from 7 am until sometimes midnight 5 days a week (when I work) and I am semi-active while working but still taking time to get treshold on each available targets as often as I can.

I totally understand Celson or Mystery as I've lived that too.. The root problem is not that GS is not sold in shop or drop rate is too rare. The root problem is that SO 2 is incomplete and lacks working economy/trading between players. For example : if 42! wanted to make 250k selling his extra GS to Mystery and hope to purchase IS from toot for 500k so toot could buy slasher from havok for 1 million... that would be a perfect solution without cheesing any item and without making a whole area deserted.

So this is my answer to this topic basicaly.. Don't change drop rate and don't put it up in a shop. If anything we need ways to do transactions between players that can't be abused by players owning different accounts (like fixed minimum price for item like... GS 250k+... or something)

I would much prefer this solution. But it's never going to happen in SO2. A softcap on drop rates would also suffice, but that's not going to happen either.

The simplest solution to this problem is putting the GS to the shop with a high price. It would take literally less than 5 minutes of work for Meuin.

The GS is undoubtedly a great weapon. But it is way to rare considering how many other better weapons there are than it.

Lingus

Quote from: Prosper on February 20, 2011, 11:00:12 PM

Holy crap... you really don't have a right to talk. I don't really play anymore, but I have never played as much or often as you do. SO by its nature is a casual MMO. You play it like a hardcore MMO. So you cannot take the way you play it as a basis for anything. 12 hours a day is many many factors more time than I think a majority of people play. I really think Celson's experience is probably not the average, but much more in line with what is acceptable game play. I personally don't think I have ever received a GS drop. I had one when I was a GM, but it was given as a GM "gift". Every GM had one.

And as it has been pointed out, your recommendation doesn't do anyone any good. Trade has been recommended countless times. The discussion of it is endless. It wasn't on the table with SO2 was being actively developed, and at this point in SO2 development it will almost certainly not happen.

I recognize that drop rates are an issue, but it always has been. If anything, I don't recommend adding more weapons to the shop for extremely high prices. I can see it being cool to have all items available, but I don't think it will happen. I think reducing the drop rate significantly would make sense though. It would still require people to kill monsters to gain items, but it would not require them to do so for months on end becoming frustrated with the process to the point of giving up, and it would allow them to move on to other items or to PvP. At this point in the games life, I think it makes the most sense. Let people earn their drops versus letting them purchase them, and let them move on to the fun stuff like PvPing with a full arsenal.

Snakeman

I'm trying to remember if there was an item that was put in the shop for 2,000,000 or if that was just a rumor. Wasn't it the Dragoon Helm or something?

Anyways, if that is the case, then surely the GS should be thrown in as well. Everybody big on the PvP scene has one, and if luck isn't on your side by the time PvP events roll around, guess you have no choice but to sit and watch because there is NO way you will even have a chance with all the crazy weapons people are packing these days.

Lucifer

I agree with Lingus.

I don't much care whether items are available in the shop or the drop rates are increased, but one or the other needs to happen. The best part of this game is not grinding for weeks, the best part of this game is not being forced into a repetitive task, the best part of this game is battling other players. This is the end game content, and yet, it's the least supported part of the game there is with the lack of a clan system. The majority of the game is instead focused on grinding these incredibly rare items so you stand half a chance vs your luckier opponents. Meiun can keep this kind of system for SOv3, he has explained that this 1v1 focus was never SO's goal, but it just doesn't make sense for how SOv2 is in its current state.

I would love to see every high level Stick Online player with access to all of Stick Online's inventory. This is when PvP gets freakin exciting, this is where Stick Online pulls away from hit-for-hit battles of the early SOv2 days, and back to SOv1. With all these weapons, player versus player is amazing. Every time I fight igufed or danimal, my heart beats outa my chest, it's so damn difficult. I want this to be the case with every player, fighting on fair, even grounds.

Lingus

Quote from: Lucifer on March 10, 2011, 10:17:22 AMI want this to be the case with every player, fighting on fair, even grounds.
Definitely.

CherryPie

Quote from: Snakeman on March 10, 2011, 10:12:41 AM
I'm trying to remember if there was an item that was put in the shop for 2,000,000 or if that was just a rumor. Wasn't it the Dragoon Helm or something?

Anyways, if that is the case, then surely the GS should be thrown in as well. Everybody big on the PvP scene has one, and if luck isn't on your side by the time PvP events roll around, guess you have no choice but to sit and watch because there is NO way you will even have a chance with all the crazy weapons people are packing these days.

Not sure where you heard that, but tier 1 items have never been purchaseable. Danimal once suggested to Meiun to put in Slasher for 2mil, but Meiun rejected, end of the story.

aedan

Anybody have a tip or two for helping me get a gs

jackel1994

Quote from: aedan on March 14, 2011, 03:39:56 AM
Anybody have a tip or two for helping me get a gs

Don't expect to get one.
Don't think it will be easy.
Don't fret about spending days upon days there.
Give up your personal life or its not happening.
(Some of these are said jokingly but still pretty damn truthful for some players...)