News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Some sections shouldn't add to post count...

Started by Mr Pwnage, October 22, 2009, 09:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

Or better yet, scrap the post count and reputation feature. Fixes everything and no one has complaints.

ARTgames

Quote from: EpicPhailure on November 03, 2009, 09:11:41 PM
Or better yet, scrap the post count and reputation feature. Fixes everything and no one has complaints.

I tried to say that on page 2 and it did not work. Might as well just put the topic behind you and move along and not let it wast any more of your time. That is what i did. I sure don't want to spend time on something i don't like to start with. That is just me tho.

EpicPhailure

ARTgames

No that was not the point at all. I never even said that to start with. Unless you can point it out. Im saying if you don't like having the system at all don't take part in a topic about fixing it.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: ARTgames on November 04, 2009, 05:04:56 PM
No that was not the point at all. I never even said that to start with. Unless you can point it out. Im saying if you don't like having the system at all don't take part in a topic about fixing it.

...What?

Celson

Just doing some studying on Mystery's and 11clock's post statistics, I got some more interesting statistics.

11Clock

Total Posts: 1039

Most Popular Boards By Posts

Forum Games      947
Ideas & Suggestions      30
Off Topic      29
General      24
Media      14
Video Games      7
Tech Support & Bugs      1

% of posts made in forum games board: 91.14%

Post count (not including forum game posts): 105

Source: http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=85;sa=statPanel

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mystery

Total Posts: 910

Most Popular Boards By Posts

Forum Games      708
Off Topic      66
Ideas & Suggestions      64
General      52
Media      14
Video Games      10
Tech Support & Bugs      2
Tech Support & Bugs      1

% of posts made in forum games board: 77.8%

Post count (not including forum game posts): 209

Source: http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=87;sa=statPanel

----------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting...

JoEL

Lol, that sections been there for a month of not less, do these kids not have lives?
I suppose there post count in those sections reveals it all.

Lucifer

Quote from: JoEL on November 05, 2009, 07:32:26 AM
Lol, that sections been there for a month of not less, do these kids not have lives?
If nothing else you've revealed you're an arrogant prick, but I suppose that was already obvious. How is spending a few hours a day playing forum games any different than spending a few hours playing a video game? I'd say it's even more social.

I love how you make assumptions about everything. They don't do the same things I do, put them down! They don't think the same way I do, put them down! Certainly a respectable way to treat your community, keep it up.

Im saying if you don't like having the system at all don't take part in a topic about fixing it.

Mmmmhmm... Perfect logic right there... Obviously if I think a system is broken I should just ignore it completely. I feel like inserting a bush joke here or something...

Honestly I don't know why this topic is still up. Pwnage got what he wanted, now if ya'll would stop being jealous of eachother's post counts (Further proving my point earlier...) this topic would die naturally. If you actually care about "having the system work as intended", PM Meiun, as he doesn't seem to be paying very much attention to our constant bickering in this topic.

Penis.

Red October

Quote from: Lucifer on November 05, 2009, 12:05:27 PM
If nothing else you've revealed you're an arrogant prick, but I suppose that was already obvious. How is spending a few hours a day playing forum games any different than spending a few hours playing a video game? I'd say it's even more social.

I love how you make assumptions about everything. They don't do the same things I do, put them down! They don't think the same way I do, put them down! Certainly a respectable way to treat your community, keep it up.

This post demands a +rep!

Also;

RedOctober
Total Posts: 168
Total Reputation: 220

Most Popular Boards By Posts:

Forum Games (118)
Off Topic (29)
Ideas & Suggestions (8.)
General (6)
Media (3)
Video Games (3)
Tech Support & Bugs (1)

Non-Forum Game posts, 168 - 118 = 50.
Percentage of post in Forum Games: 70.24%.

I fail to see how Clock and Mystery are particularity bad in there post usage, in Mystery's case he is able to a reasonable number of posts out of Forums Games. This promotes forum activity. The same can be said about 11clock, but to a lesser extent, but lets face it he is/was obsessed with the fight game.

It must be noted that at least 70% of my forum posts came from SM games, but I did play the fight game for a short period.

Mystery

I feel like a lab rat being studied with all this post analyzing. >_> And I had about 200 posts outside of Forum Games(a lot for the time)when the game started, like Celson said.

I suppose you're a giant prick and Lucifer already explained the reason behind it. For your information, I DO have a life. I just carefully manage my time. Also, -rep.

Quote from: Red October on November 05, 2009, 03:51:23 PM
I fail to see how Clock and Mystery are particularity bad in there post usage, in Mystery's case he is able to a reasonable number of posts out of Forums Games. This promotes forum activity. The same can be said about 11clock, but to a lesser extent, but lets face it he is/was obsessed with the fight game.

It must be noted that at least 70% of my forum posts came from SM games, but I did play the fight game for a short period.
Exactly. Several others played Forum Games with the same result as me and 11, but much, much less drastically.

Quote from: Lucifer on November 05, 2009, 12:05:27 PMHonestly I don't know why this topic is still up. Pwnage got what he wanted, now if ya'll would stop being jealous of eachother's post counts (Further proving my point earlier...) this topic would die naturally. If you actually care about "having the system work as intended", PM Meiun, as he doesn't seem to be paying very much attention to our constant bickering in this topic.

Penis.
My original reason for wanting to have the system work as intended was because it didn't seem fair that I should have so much for participating in something that was not contributing to the forums. Now it's because I want everyone who's over-reacting to get off my %$@#ing back.

I will say this. 11clock did not post much at all outside of the Forum Games section while I did a considerable amount. I was still in the Top 10 posters back then. 11 was not. If anything, he's more guilty than me of this.(if you can even call it being guilty of it...)

Now if you all honestly care so much about it to the extent you're analyzing my posts completely(I care about it and would like it reset, but I'm not over-caring about it...), then PM Meiun and tell him to do a mass reset of rep and posts. Or just have him scrap the whole system. Your move.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

Im saying if you don't like having the system at all don't take part in a topic about fixing it.

Mmmmhmm... Perfect logic right there... Obviously if I think a system is broken I should just ignore it completely. I feel like inserting a bush joke here or something...

Why should he care about the system's problems if he does not what to system to start with.

Think of it this way. You work in an office and some co-workers what to repaint the wall's.
repaint the wall's = the topic "About the new Karma System (it has arrived, so I am changing the subject)"

You don't want the wall painted at all.
Me in the "About the new Karma System (it has arrived, so I am changing the subject)" topic

They go ahead and paint the walls.
karma system we have now but in the state before this topic here.

Some one spots a problem and whats to pick a new color.
This topic here.

If you don't what the walls painted to start with and you already told them.....
Me on page 2 of this topic.

.....than why should you tend the the group that is picking the new color?
The meaning of the post your quoting.

Do you see now?

Honestly I don't know why this topic is still up. Pwnage got what he wanted, now if ya'll would stop being jealous of eachother's post counts (Further proving my point earlier...) this topic would die naturally.
well i do kind of agree here. And i never thought of it but your right that this "rep system" is just something else for people to bicker over.

Lucifer

I know exactly what you're saying Art, but I don't dislike the wall because of its color, I dislike the wall because it's completely unnecessary. This wall was placed smack down in the middle of the office, and the only purpose it serves is to separate us. Theres plenty of other walls holding up the building, why not rip this one down to make more space? Why paint a wall that shouldn't be there? Seems like a waste of time and money to me.

Lmao Mystery, I thought Joel had 7 rep, your -rep put him at 1? Dx.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lucifer on November 05, 2009, 06:50:49 PM
Lmao Mystery, I thought Joel had 7 rep, your -rep put him at 1? Dx.
Note to self...by VERY nice to Mystery and 11clock.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Quote from: Lucifer on November 05, 2009, 06:50:49 PM
I know exactly what you're saying Art, but I don't dislike the wall because of its color, I dislike the wall because it's completely unnecessary. This wall was placed smack down in the middle of the office, and the only purpose it serves is to separate us. Theres plenty of other walls holding up the building, why not rip this one down to make more space? Why paint a wall that shouldn't be there? Seems like a waste of time and money to me.
I have a feeling we have a misunderstanding here. Because from what your telling me has little to do with what i was trying to say.

The the act of painting the wall a new color what suppose to be the same as putting a new karma system on the forums. So the wall is the forums and the karma system is the paint. (they don't share the relationship as does the karma system does to the forums but you get the idea)

So basically your saying you don't like the forums because its "completely unnecessary" if your playing by the rules of my metaphor. "but I don't dislike the wall because of its color, I dislike the wall because it's completely unnecessary." And so on.

But forget my metaphor. Its not the point of this topic to discuss it. I'm making it harder then it needs to be.

All i want to know is what is the wall in your metaphor? Just one noun is all i'm asking for.

QuoteLmao Mystery, I thought Joel had 7 rep, your -rep put him at 1? Dx.
I think a lot of people -reped him.

Chaos

Yes, well, your metaphor was horrible and made no sense anyway.

If something doesn't work properly, the logical solution is to FIX THE PROBLEM.  Not IGNORE it.  If you don't care about the system in the first place, GET THE !@#$ OUT OF THE TOPIC DISCUSSING IT.

Honestly, I don't see how this is a difficult concept to grasp.

Seriously, why is this topic even going anymore?  The problem was resolved.  One could argue that Mystery and 11clock still have a ton of rep/posts, but what difference does it make?  If it's that big a deal, just have Meiun reset the post count and rep.  Anyone who has a problem with that is likely an idiot who puts far too much stock into post count and rep, and in that case, should be ignored ANYWAY.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster