News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

SO2 PvP System

Started by Lucifer, December 15, 2009, 02:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Current PvP System, or Old PvP System?

Current PvP System
7 (15.9%)
Old PvP System
37 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: December 20, 2009, 02:01:57 PM

DivineLegend

i liked the old one... i could slap someone and rnu away with my superior agility :D, but then get spawn killed when i die

Delicious

The current system may be more stable, but it certainly is not as fun as it used to be. The only part I dissaproved on was the fact that many would pick on players who are brand new and haven't done anything wrong... what makes it worse is many of the players had no lives and the torments would continue for hours sometimes making you unable to gain experience or pass a certain point, yet it was always great trying to avoid getting killed from them by running away.  :P
<3

Matty_Richo

I voted Old,
Seeing as we have a mostly good community (based on the fact that they paid to be able to play) they aren't gonna do anything too stupid. and yeah it can bring back things like Kill lists, King of the hill (dominating the mountain), and hammering people that try to drown stuff. . .
But I say the current system for SO3

scsox

Well, the only bad thing is that it sucks for noobs who can't take hits while they are afk.

JoEL

What noobs?

and anyone going AFK would die eventually while taking hits...knowing you, it'll be you who is killing them.

DivineLegend

besides, its not like it matters if you die going afk anyways... if you are at wall, the enmies can't kill you and you aren't going to get gold or exp from sitting there, same for anywhere else

igufed

I'm up for the old way..

And yea, it would be pretty much only sox killing anyone who was afk or lower lvls who can't defend themselves, yet..

Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

JninjaJ

i voted for the old pvp system as it was much more fun back when u could kill anyone u want. even as a noob i didnt really care about getting spawn killed it was just part of the game for me. when i got spawned killed someone would always help me anyway

foG

Yea pretty much has been said already, plus the new one sucks, noobs would hit you while you pvp someone and would run away till they can turn off their pvp, and strike back during your fight >_>

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Red October

Danimal

The old system kept people on their toes, and I remember being spawn killed a ton, which annoying as it was, gave me a huge incentive to get better. This may just be my experience, but I reckon the old system made people want to play more to gain respect in the form that they are no longer easily killed, and can fight back. I have a theory that the game may have lost a little edge to it, due to combat being a significant feature, and people only care about pvp whenever there's a tournament, Which thesedays are few and far between. With the old system, whenever you played, you had to be ready to defend or attack at any random moment. Which may have set determination of new/low level players to earn there way to the top of the food chain as it were.  :P

stick d00d

Quote from: Danimal on December 16, 2009, 05:03:51 PM
The old system kept people on their toes, and I remember being spawn killed a ton, which annoying as it was, gave me a huge incentive to get better. This may just be my experience, but I reckon the old system made people want to play more to gain respect in the form that they are no longer easily killed, and can fight back. I have a theory that the game may have lost a little edge to it, due to combat being a significant feature, and people only care about pvp whenever there's a tournament, Which thesedays are few and far between. With the old system, whenever you played, you had to be ready to defend or attack at any random moment. Which may have set determination of new/low level players to earn there way to the top of the food chain as it were.  :P
What he said, old system was the best.

scsox

Quote from: JoEL on December 16, 2009, 01:28:27 AM
What noobs?

and anyone going AFK would die eventually while taking hits...knowing you, it'll be you who is killing them.
;) I love the old system

crozier

Yes now there are no completely random battles when a 99 tries to kill a group of afk newbs.
It was a lot of fun back then when everyone could kill everyone.
EXEPT when there was a boss and a newbs took the hits from somebody's inferno sword.

Celson

Nicely said Lucker. That is also my personal opinion on the original pvp system. It was the "incentive" to train hard and over power your enemy. I actually became quite addicted to coming up with a perfect stat build back then. Did a lot of calculating.

Anyway. These days, the pvp just isn't the same. I do like the peace. But I like the freedom to attack anyone at anytime even more. I think the pvp system should be changed back to what it was originally. It might even get some more players back online, people might start up clans to help protect each other. And then you got a motivation to come online to help your clan mates (When I say clans, I mean an unofficial clan that doesn't have there own coded clan name under the player name).