News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Luck Hat (new hat)

Started by Manzy, December 27, 2009, 10:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igufed

I like the idea.

But, I'd like to see it be very expensive.  I'm saying like 1 or 1.5 million.

This makes it more fair for the real unlucky people.  The level 99s and 100s who still don't have some of the more rare drops that some of the level 20s are getting..

And, if it doesn't give any boost other than 'luck', I'd almost want it to hurt your stats.. Take off 100hp off of your max, or lower your stam in some way..  I'm sure most of you would disagree with that, but, that's just my opinion.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

yottabyte

Quote from: Aqua on December 28, 2009, 11:56:15 AM
Quote from: JoEL on December 28, 2009, 09:07:09 AM
Quote from: ARTgames on December 28, 2009, 04:55:19 AM
Ok.

Now i don't think you should half to ware this hat the whole time your fighting the monster. Because it would turn this hat into the only hat you see while people are grinding.

or it could be very rare...or maybe come in different shapes or forms. Very well thought out idea, I like it.

I'd say expensive over rare. If it was rare, it would make the lucky people luckier.
~Aqua
Lucky people = rich people

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

ARTgames

Quote from: 11clock on December 28, 2009, 12:20:05 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on December 28, 2009, 04:55:19 AM
Ok.

Now i don't think you should half to ware this hat the whole time your fighting the monster. Because it would turn this hat into the only hat you see while people are grinding.

I also don't think some one should be able to put the hat on, hit the monster, and take it off and get the effect.

The two ways i think this hat could work is one:
You haft to get an amount of damage on the monster while you have it on.
or
You half to be wearing the hat and get the last hit to kill the monster.

Or you have to be wearing the hat when the monster dies.

I kind of want to avoid to always be waring it. When you training with people you never sure when something you hit in the past is going to die. So why take it off?

I promote hat switching! in other words. but that's just my opinion. I will say i will be fine eather way.

Lingus

The only way I see this working mechanically is if every hit was calculated separately. So if you wear the lucky hat for 50 damage worth, but you wear a different hat for 150 damage worth, you gain the benefit of the higher drop percentage for 25% of the total drop percentage (after figuring for threshhold damage percentage). So say you had 10% drop rate (for the sake of ease of calculations). You would have 25% increase of 10% giving you a total of 12.5%.

Of course, since drop rates are not calculated this way currently, it would require a major change. At least I would think.

But I don't really like any of the other suggestions for how this would work. Having to wear it for 100% of your damage to a monster, or getting to only wear it for one hit, or even having to wear it for the last hit. None of those really make sense. It would make for a very awkward situation. Either people wearing a hat that gives them no benefit to combat, or people devising odd ways to switch their hat out for this one benefit. I just don't like what it would do to the game.

The way I described above would leave it up to the individual player how they choose to make benefit of the hat. They can wear it for the whole battle or only parts of the battle and gain whatever percentage increase they want.

Btw, a companion hat to this would be one that increases exp by a certain percent when worn. Would be great for training. But again, it would have to work as I decribed above to really be fair.

foG

Is this because of someone spreading the rumor shady hat increased one's drop chance by 3%? :D

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on December 28, 2009, 03:02:42 PM
The only way I see this working mechanically is if every hit was calculated separately. So if you wear the lucky hat for 50 damage worth, but you wear a different hat for 150 damage worth, you gain the benefit of the higher drop percentage for 25% of the total drop percentage (after figuring for threshhold damage percentage). So say you had 10% drop rate (for the sake of ease of calculations). You would have 25% increase of 10% giving you a total of 12.5%.

I don't see how that is any diffrent from my first idea

QuoteYou haft to get an amount of damage on the monster while you have it on.

My sentice is a lot simpler. But hey i like your explanation a lot better.

the last hit idea is something i put in there because i liked it :P

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on December 28, 2009, 03:43:57 PM
Quote from: Lingus on December 28, 2009, 03:02:42 PM

I don't see how that is any diffrent from my first idea

QuoteYou haft to get an amount of damage on the monster while you have it on.

My sentice is a lot simpler. But hey i like your explanation a lot better.
Oh ok. I didn't realize that was going for the same thing I was. I assumed it was more like you have to get a certain percentage of the threshhold or something with the hat on in order to gain the benefit. My method would be much more dynamic than that. The percentage of increase to the drop rate would be directly related to exactly how much damage you did while wearing the hat versus not wearing the hat.

ARTgames

yeah its like having another threshhold system. One for the lucky hat and the one we have now. And at the end they add up.

Cactuscat222

I completely forgot about damage threshold.

I agree with you guys, Lingus and ART, about the way it should be calculated, based on number of hits/damage progressively. Now, taking the damage threshold into account, I'm thinking that might make it easier to calculate that?

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

NotoriousM4^

Or rather than increasing the chance of dropping something, it could lessen the amount of damage/hp deducted to reach the threshold of a monster.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on December 28, 2009, 06:13:15 PM
Or rather than increasing the chance of dropping something, it could lessen the amount of damage/hp deducted to reach the threshold of a monster.

I thought about that too, but realized that wouldn't help much. As far as I know, getting to the damage threshold is easy. The only instance this would be useful was for a SG or DS or Snowman, and its almost dead, so you want your hits up fast. However, you wouldn't know.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

jojotellier

i maked the sprite and the result you will see

Aqua

You can't upload your files to this site. Upload it to www.imageshack.us or something.
~Aqua

ARTgames

Quote from: jojotellier on December 28, 2009, 06:22:17 PM
i maked the sprite and the result you will see
not bad at all. i like it

Lingus

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on December 28, 2009, 06:17:07 PM
Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on December 28, 2009, 06:13:15 PM

I thought about that too, but realized that wouldn't help much. As far as I know, getting to the damage threshold is easy. The only instance this would be useful was for a SG or DS or Snowman, and its almost dead, so you want your hits up fast. However, you wouldn't know.
I agree here. I also thought of that, and then realized pretty much the same thing. It would be beneficial for people with low str/damage because it is harder for them to reach threshhold on normal monsters or to even get a decent percentage on a boss. But for people with higher str/damage it won't help as much if at all. If they reach threshhold on a normal monster pretty much all the time then it won't be of any use to them.

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on December 28, 2009, 06:10:18 PM
I completely forgot about damage threshold.

I agree with you guys, Lingus and ART, about the way it should be calculated, based on number of hits/damage progressively. Now, taking the damage threshold into account, I'm thinking that might make it easier to calculate that?
Well, the calculation won't be really hard at all. It actually adds a level of complexity to consider the damage threshhold. Not really much more complicated, but still. It doesn't make it easier though. But basically, you take the total damage dealt to the monster, you take the total with the luck hat on, and get the percentage of total damage (in my example, you did 50 damage with the hat and 150 without giving you a 25% bonus). Take that bonus and multiply it by whatever multiplier is decided on. In other words, how much does the luck hat increase your drop rate if you used it for 100% of the damage you dealt. In my example it increases it by 100% or 2x. But that's just an example. You could have it 75% or 1.5x. At that rate your 25% would end up giving you 18.75% bonus. Meaning if the drop rate on an item is 10%, you would get 11.875%.

So here's what you're looking at:

Your Drop Rate + (((Damage with Hat / Total Damage Dealt) x Hat Multiplier) x Your Drop Rate)
10 + (((50 / 200) x 0.75) x 10)

In that equation "Your Drop Rate" is the drop rate of the item after considering for threshhold. If you did less damage than the threshhold, you just take whatever percentage of the threshhold you did. So if it's 400, and you did 200, you get 50%. That makes "Your Drop Rate" = 10 x 0.50 = 5. Basically, same as before you're just tacking on that bonus from the hat.

The major problem with this is that hits are not tracked this way as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure how it's done specifically, but I would think it would require a significant change in how hits on monsters are tracked. So it kind of kills my idea in that case... But for SO3 it might be cool.