News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Left 4 what-the-!@#$-is-this-shit 2

Started by Pat, February 03, 2010, 04:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Quote from: Scotty on February 06, 2010, 01:10:38 PM
Quote from: Meiun on February 04, 2010, 01:24:08 AM
It shouldn't be the governments job to decide what is appropriate for the masses, it should be the parents. If the parent dosn't like their kids playing violent games then they have an easy rating system to determine how to do that. So rediculous lol.

That begs the question, if they are having to moderate this for the parents, how many parents truly care?  Someone's gotta step up, and apparently the parents aren't.
Have they even given the parents a chance to step up in the first place? I can see the government stepping in if parents everywhere completely stop caring about what their kids see, but that's just not the case.

Even so, this doesn't only effect kids. Adults can't play more mature games because the rating system only goes up to 15. Yet for some reason, the music and movie industry go up to 18+. It's a double standard set through ignorance of the subject.

Lingus

Yea. You can't make the argument that it's "all for the kids" if you don't even let adults play the games.

Pat

A little bump here, the thing that has been pissing me off the most lately:

They ain't zombies man, they're ROBOTS!!!
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Pat on February 22, 2010, 11:42:36 PM
A little bump here, the thing that has been pissing me off the most lately:

They ain't zombies man, they're ROBOTS!!!

Robot apocalypse? Where's my laser gun?

krele

No mud on the screen is probably a !@#$-up on programmer's side... They probably used the same system for the mud as they did for the blood... Easy way to remove it would be removing the whole system... Trust me, they really ARE that lazy...

Seriously I played this game just for the gore... and for some online-zombie-!@#$-fest of course =)

ARTgames

QuoteEven so, this doesn't only effect kids. Adults can't play more mature games because the rating system only goes up to 15. Yet for some reason, the music and movie industry go up to 18+. It's a double standard set through ignorance of the subject.
Like cant they still buy the game from another place like online? I don't think its illegal to own.

Pat

The guy who opposes the R18+ rating considers gamers more dangerous than an outlaw biker gang and that groups who are working to get an R18+ rating for video games are plotting terrorist acts.

sn0wb0arder381

If anyone's interested, Left 4 Dead 2 is on sale on steam for 20 dollars. I bought it myself yesterday.

Pinball

Guess I'll point out that the DLC came out 2 days ago.  It has a new game mode called Mutations, which is a weekly mix of game rules.  Each week a new mode will be put up and the old one retired, so if you want to play the current mode 'Realism Versus' you have to play in the next few days.

For more info on what else is in the DLC check the l4d blog.
http://www.l4d.com/blog/

Pat

This was more of a rant topic than a megatopic, but whatever.