News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

What Hats should Ciro make for V3?

Started by Ciro, February 10, 2010, 10:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Quote from: Lucifer
On that note, please, don't use this topic to list off the random shit that comes to your head. Infact, don't do that period, in any topic.
Quote from: xgamer on April 12, 2010, 05:22:03 PM
Jester hat.. Death hat..
Quote from: xgamer on April 12, 2010, 08:03:17 PM
Grim reaper.
Quote from: runeskap master117 on April 12, 2010, 09:47:28 PM
i like the elephant hat idea lets do that

xgamer

Quote from: Lucifer on April 12, 2010, 10:10:04 PM
Quote from: Lucifer
On that note, please, don't use this topic to list off the random shit that comes to your head. Infact, don't do that period, in any topic.
Quote from: xgamer on April 12, 2010, 05:22:03 PM
Jester hat.. Death hat..
Quote from: xgamer on April 12, 2010, 08:03:17 PM
Grim reaper.
Quote from: runeskap master117 on April 12, 2010, 09:47:28 PM
i like the elephant hat idea lets do that

Hood+Skull do I need to clarify?

Lucifer

xgamer

EpicPhailure

By not using this topic to list off the random shit that comes to your head, he means that the community frowns upon not-well thought out equipment suggestions.

xgamer

Quote from: EpicPhailure on April 12, 2010, 11:07:47 PM
By not using this topic to list off the random shit that comes to your head, he means that the community frowns upon not-well thought out equipment suggestions.
Thats as detailed as it can get..A hood and a skull. You have seen what Grim reaper looks like right?
But nvm.

TheZro

I demand a better Shady Hat.  =(

Chaos

Quote from: TheZro on May 20, 2010, 02:19:21 AM
I demand a better Shady Hat.  =(

Yeah, see, I considered that, but...  that would ruin the classic look of the Shady hat.  I didn't know how I could possibly make it better :o
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

TheZro

To be honest with you, I think the whole 'keep the classics' thing should be dropped.  Sure, you can have them in a sort of museum where people can just see what the classics looked like, and you can even offer them as tournament prizes or even quest items (retrieve the original <classic hat>), but at one point, the whole classics idea just brings the game down.

Chaos

Quote from: TheZro on May 20, 2010, 11:16:37 AM
To be honest with you, I think the whole 'keep the classics' thing should be dropped.  Sure, you can have them in a sort of museum where people can just see what the classics looked like, and you can even offer them as tournament prizes or even quest items (retrieve the original <classic hat>), but at one point, the whole classics idea just brings the game down.

That's not my point though.  How would you change it, and still have it the "shady hat"?  I mean, one could argue that the fedora hat is a new shady hat.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Meiun

I can say with a fairly high level of confidence that we will not be reusing any old hat sprites for V3.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Meiun on May 20, 2010, 08:26:43 PM
I can say with a fairly high level of confidence that we will not be reusing any old hat sprites for V3.

We have to at least cross over ONE hat from SO2 though. And hell, let's pull a hat out of SO1...just for keeps sake. I say jester hat and duck hat win.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

How about giving a hat to donaters that reflects styles of SO1 and 2?

I'm thinking about a hat that appears in both versions put together into one.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: EpicPhailure on May 20, 2010, 09:08:30 PM
How about giving a hat to donaters that reflects styles of SO1 and 2?

I'm thinking about a hat that appears in both versions put together into one.

Yes, I think all donors before a certain date should get receive some sort of old themed hat that resembles seniority. How about a frog hat with a feather coming through the eyeball? XD
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Meiun

Note that I said we wouldn't be using any of the sprites directly from the previous versions. That does not neccesarily rule out the possibility of having some of the same hats just with new graphics. Either way, for the old ones to work in the new version the character sprite would need to be the same (or atleast the exact same size/shape head and all that), which may not be the case either. Remember, V3 is an entirely new game, so you really have to be careful about how many assumptions you are making about what will/will not be the same.