News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

ROCKET MAAAAAAAAAN!!

Started by Chaos, March 15, 2010, 06:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

Which is what I was basing my post on...

EpicPhailure

Quote from: ARTgames on March 15, 2010, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: Chaos on March 15, 2010, 07:01:49 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on March 15, 2010, 07:00:44 PM
well technically its not a rocket not is it. But an air plain helicopter.

well it needs to be attached to this to make it the best traveling vehicle.

That uses standard gasoline from gas stations! :D

well it needs to be part of this to make it the best traveling device. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsCb1QgVtxc

That's wicked. I want one.

Heh, there was a guy who flew around a 7-11 in San Diego or something with a homemade jetpack.

Chaos

Quote from: Lingus on March 15, 2010, 07:12:19 PM

What about this?

"Martin expects to sell the devices to individual consumers late this year. "
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lingus

Quote from: Chaos on March 15, 2010, 07:25:13 PM
Quote from: Lingus on March 15, 2010, 07:12:19 PM

What about this?

"Martin expects to sell the devices to individual consumers late this year. "
I'm still skeptical. It's likely they have some big time big wig buyers lined up. Doesn't mean it will be anywhere even remotely mainstream anytime soon.

Chaos

Quote from: Lingus on March 15, 2010, 08:32:44 PM
Doesn't mean it will be anywhere even remotely mainstream anytime soon.

Not with a $100,000 price tag, they won't.   :-\
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lingus

Yea. Still though even if it were as affordable as a car it would be restricted to the point that it would not make any sense to have one. You would still have to have a car to drive around the city, and the fact that it only has a range of 31 miles just doesn't make it usefull for anything other than having fun. I see this as an equivalent to ATVs, dirt bikes, and wave runners. Except way too expensive to get one just for recreational use.

Now, if they had automatic guided navigation... That would be it. Of course, they'd need to figure that out for cars first before they add a z axis. Honestly I think the next greatest thing for transportation will be automatically driven cars. All the appeal of public transportation with none of the downsides. It would be the greatest advancement to civilization yet. But, that's off-topic.

Red October

Quote from: Lingus on March 15, 2010, 08:44:53 PM...and the fact that it only has a range of 31 miles just doesn't make it usefull for anything other than having fun.

I'd disagree. 31 miles is just under 50km and you will be able to travel in staight lines. If had access to a jetpack, I would be able to to do the daily fly to school everyday, eachway. As the distance I have to travel is just under 20km, eachway.

The real issue is how long it would last, using figures, I can determine that the jetpack would travel (at a constant velocity) for 1771secs or 29.53mins. Imagine having to refill every 25 or so minutes! It would be more cost effective to have a car.

Jake

Quote from: Lingus on March 15, 2010, 08:44:53 PM
Yea. Still though even if it were as affordable as a car it would be restricted to the point that it would not make any sense to have one. You would still have to have a car to drive around the city, and the fact that it only has a range of 31 miles just doesn't make it usefull for anything other than having fun. I see this as an equivalent to ATVs, dirt bikes, and wave runners. Except way too expensive to get one just for recreational use.

Now, if they had automatic guided navigation... That would be it. Of course, they'd need to figure that out for cars first before they add a z axis. Honestly I think the next greatest thing for transportation will be automatically driven cars. All the appeal of public transportation with none of the downsides. It would be the greatest advancement to civilization yet. But, that's off-topic.
I think you're undershooting the fact that it gives you the availability to fly. It's everyone's childhood dream come to life. It simply cannot compare to ATV's and dirtbikes. It's much much more than that.

Cactuscat222

Now they just need to develop something that allows us to travel underwater... screw flying, its all about going under 5ft in the ocean. Where are those vehicles?!

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

DivineLegend

first thing, i noticed the price tag was ludicrous. not every idiot is gonna be able to get one, also the fact that not that many are gonna be made each year. Second thing. rich people who do buy this aren't gonna wanna be prone to do stupid stuff such as flying with a low tank of gas... third thing. i don't see an average person getting one and being able to just fly around. Unless this said person decides he has an extra 100k laying around which he/she didn't spend on another car or better home.

Seifer

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on March 15, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
Now they just need to develop something that allows us to travel underwater... screw flying, its all about going under 5ft in the ocean. Where are those vehicles?!

We call it a submarine sir. Or alternatively, we have the Scuba Suit!

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Seifer on March 15, 2010, 10:39:32 PM

What is this madness you speak of? "Submarine"? I've only heard of such fables in the songs of the Beatles.... I did not think they truly existed!

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on March 15, 2010, 10:52:29 PM
Quote from: Seifer on March 15, 2010, 10:39:32 PM

What is this madness you speak of? "Submarine"? I've only heard of such fables in the songs of the Beatles.... I did not think they truly existed!

A yellow submarine.

DarkBlade325

I can't wait to start seeing these things. Not just seeing the thing in action, but because so many things can go wrong.

Grand Theft Jetpack, midair fly-bys (it will happen), some tard decides to try to light a cigarette in the middle of the flight, ect.

I'm only joking really, but it really wouldn't surprise me if these things got banned in states in the next couple of years.

Looperpuck

OH MY GOD. This is amazing! Its actually a lot bigger than I would have expected but still awesome as ever. This is probably the most epic/great thing I will ever see in my life. It's gonna be pretty cool to see those flying around all the time in a matter of years. Ofcourse, if they retail this as a vehicle and not a luxury item, there will have to be all new flying tests, Licenses, and laws. This is truly amazing.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected