News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

SO2 PvP System

Started by Lucifer, December 15, 2009, 02:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Current PvP System, or Old PvP System?

Current PvP System
7 (15.9%)
Old PvP System
37 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: December 20, 2009, 02:01:57 PM

Lucifer

The PvP system we have now was put in for preparation for the clan system. Many people disliked it, but in the end theres no really denying that Stick Online was tough for new players, as many would spawn kill and abuse them. However, now that Stick Online is closed off to the public and the clan system is no longer being used, I see no reason why we shouldn't bring the old system back.

The old PvP system is what made Stick Online the unique game it is, and it's a large part of what people refer to as "the good old days". With this new system lacking the clan system, the game seems so much more restricted, and I feel this is the reason for the lack of clans nowadays. That and obviously the lack of active/new players, but there still could be clans. There is no longer such a thing as holding territories, like the mountain or the wall. Or putting up bounties on people in your clan forums, when they're abusing you or drowning rare monsters. Without the freedom to smack anyone at will, PvP has really lost what was so fun about it.

Now, one could argue that this has made the game a hell of a lot more peaceful. You really don't see as many arguments and fights as before. Generally arguments are solved in a more peaceful matter, instead of spawn killing or shoving people off cliffs when they go afk. So, hence the poll. I really just wanted to see what the opinion at large was, and if anyone agreed with me. Please post why or why not you believe the system should stay or change, along with your vote.

Lingus

Hmm. I'm undecided. I have a feeling everything you are describing could be due to lack of players in general. Less people means people are less likely to break up into clans, and less likely to get into fights, etc. Since both changes, pvp system and donor server, were made around the same time it's hard to tell which is the cause.

Lucifer

That's very true, I think the lack of new and active players is the largest factor. My point is that, on top of that, there is no Reason to make a clan. I'm 99% sure Meiun won't bring the clan system back, as it requires lots of work on his part to add and remove people constantly. So without a clan system, we're stuck with the leftovers that were supposed to be the building blocks for it, but why keep the building blocks for a system that we're not going to use?

I really don't feel too strongly about this, I'm o.k with the system we have currently. Theres nothing specifically wrong with it, I just feel it could be improved if we went back to the old system.

Lingus

Right. The problem is, of the current/active players, there is an even smaller number of people who would want to regularly pvp. You would have to have an agreement to leave pvp on so that anyone could attack anyone. It's a good system in theory, but it relies on having other people who will follow that rule and who actually want to pvp fight.

I would at least give it a try though. I haven't heard of anyone making an effort to get all of the pvp-minded people together to agree to leave pvp on at all times. Of course, that would make fighting monsters a bit harder. But, all in the name of a good time. I say do a poll to see how many people would follow that guideline. Though, if you can get Meiun to change the sytem back it wouldn't matter. This is only in the event that he doesn't.

Hambone

Definitely for the old PvP system. That was the largest part of what made the game fun. If you have dominance, show it to someone who back sasses you. But it also allowed you to show your superior personality by NOT getting too hot headed.

Mr Pwnage

You mean a system where we can actually kill people trying to drown SGs? I'm all for it.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Torch

ARTgames

I voted for the wrong one. mouse sliped. >_< but i would like the idea of you can pvp any one even when they have it off with how the game is now.

When stick online 3 comes out and goes public i would like the way we have now.

So i vote for Old PvP System.

LeGuy

I voted old. Quite frankly, the freedom to kill (or attempt to kill) anybody you wanted to at any given moment was very gratifying, and it was that that gave the game its unique gameplay style. Sure, every other MMORPG on the planet has killing monsters, character customization, and loot, but does every other MMORPG on earth even let you kill your allies without asking to "duel" first? Nope.
Whee!

Lucifer

Quote from: ARTgames on December 15, 2009, 05:46:20 PM
I voted for the wrong one. mouse sliped. >_< but i would like the idea of you can pvp any one even when they have it off with how the game is now.

When stick online 3 comes out and goes public i would like the way we have now.

So i vote for Old PvP System.
Oops, knew I shoulda checked the ability to change your vote. I agree, though. SO3 should have the current system, or something like it.

Lingus

Quote from: LeGuy on December 15, 2009, 06:06:56 PM
I voted old. Quite frankly, the freedom to kill (or attempt to kill) anybody you wanted to at any given moment was very gratifying, and it was that that gave the game its unique gameplay style. Sure, every other MMORPG on the planet has killing monsters, character customization, and loot, but does every other MMORPG on earth even let you kill your allies without asking to "duel" first? Nope.
Yes. Most MMORPGs have PvP servers. Some servers are setup like we have it now where you have to "duel" the person first, but some are setup that you can attack anyone at any time.

Jackabomb

Oddly, I'm voting for the old one. PVP has become rather useless without it. Meiun also considered PVP a major portion of this game; he said so on the old site. If 'a major portion' of the game is now useless, what happens to the game? The reason it's odd for me to do this is that I'm level 44(11/13/11/11) and would suffer more than most from the implementation.

NotoriousM4^

I want the old one back, noobs are getting out of line these days.

Lingus

I wouldn't say the current system is useless. It is just different. You can still pvp. The other person just has to turn it on as well. Like I mentioned above, if enough people feel the same way (and it seems they do) then you can all just leave pvp on and it would be the same thing. The people who don't agree can leave it off and not be bothered...

God-I-Suck

I voted for the current pvp system. (: