News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

May I have some context for the look your going for? I'm not sure looking at the stuff what exactly the stile your looking for. Also I feel the detail inside the building is a lot grater than the outside stuff. The robot does not really look like metal but like a 3D model put into a seen.  I feel your little dude should be a bit bigger and darker. Also those light panels on the top seem a bit wired and too light and clear. same as the panels near the bottom near that grass lining.

I feel like the texture on the couch is too big making it look like a mini model than real. BTW I really like the lighting next on the top left corner and the bottom right corner. Good stuff!

Jake

At first I thought you were serious and almost killed you haha.

ARTgames

No I was. I thought you wanted nit picks. Kill me now.

Delicious

I don't notice any improvements from before to after, none at all... Personally, I think the recent one looks far worse. :-\
[/Sarcasm]
<3

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on August 04, 2010, 02:35:43 AM
May I have some context for the look your going for? I'm not sure looking at the stuff what exactly the stile your looking for. Also I feel the detail inside the building is a lot grater than the outside stuff. The robot does not really look like metal but like a 3D model put into a seen.  I feel your little dude should be a bit bigger and darker. Also those light panels on the top seem a bit weird and too light and clear. same as the panels near the bottom near that grass lining.

I feel like the texture on the couch is too big making it look like a mini model than real. BTW I really like the lighting next on the top left corner and the bottom right corner. Good stuff!
[nitpick]I see you misspell the bolded word a lot.[/nitpick]
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Im sure you could nit pick more than that. :P

T-Rok

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 04, 2010, 10:18:44 AM
Quote from: ARTgames on August 04, 2010, 02:35:43 AM
May I have some context for the look your going for? I'm not sure looking at the stuff what exactly the stile your looking for. Also I feel the detail inside the building is a lot grater than the outside stuff. The robot does not really look like metal but like a 3D model put into a scene.  I feel your little dude should be a bit bigger and darker. Also those light panels on the top seem a bit weird and too light and clear. same as the panels near the bottom near that grass lining.

[nitpick]I see you misspell the bolded word a lot.[/nitpick]

[nitpick type="nitpickanitpick"]You missed this bolded word.[/nitpick]

Ceroblitz

Back on topic
Nom-waits for more ideas for that topic in ideas suggestion-
http://www.truploader.com/view/362946

EpicPhailure

Aqua

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 04, 2010, 01:59:02 AM
Quote from: Cactuscat222 on August 04, 2010, 01:32:07 AM
Considering Jake is looking to use the render as part of his portfolio, I think Aqua's criticisms are entirely fair and justified. Jake isn't going to get much out of it with people just going "Oh its good as is!", when he is possibly looking at a professional career.

There comes a point when it's so excessive and nit-picky that it is just pure obnoxiousness. I understand that when building a portfolio quality is key, but Aqua seems to be making up golden rules simply for the sake of having more to say, which really isn't that helpful...in my opinion anyways.
Did you even read all of what I said? Most of it was physics and contrast issues, which pertains to nature's 'golden rules.'

I wish people would give me the critic I am willing to give others to help them improve. There aren't colleges giving degrees on art with kids just using a pencil and paper. There are things to art which make it look better.
Most important I feel is Balance, because you don't take a picture of a person looking into the picture frame. This would be much worse if the text was on the other side:
It's like lever, or see-saw. Heaver objects are closer to the center, and balanced with lighter objects at the end. This one of the reasons why Jake's render would look odd should it be 25% skyscape and 75% hallway/wall. Your entire building is geometrically designed, and you have a robot on the floor. This distracts from the rhythm of the plants on either side of the couch, the repeating tiles, the repeating walls, and windows. That is why I suggested putting it in display cases along the wall.
~Aqua

Jake

Quote from: Aqua on August 04, 2010, 05:00:15 PM
Your entire building is geometrically designed, and you have a robot on the floor. This distracts from the rhythm of the plants on either side of the couch, the repeating tiles, the repeating walls, and windows. That is why I suggested putting it in display cases along the wall.
~Aqua
The robot would detract from the scene IF I had wanted to create a static environment, but that wasn't my goal. Yes, it takes away from the rhythm of the geometry, but I wasn't modeling the scene to accentuate lifelessness. I added the robot because it gave the scene some life that it was lacking. Putting robots in glass cases along the wall would only make the scene more lonely, which is why I ignored your suggestion, because it was based on the presumption that you know what I'm looking to create with this scene.

Aqua

Just one robot seems out of place, more would better dissuade the loneliness.
~Aqua

Chaos

Quote from: Aqua on August 04, 2010, 05:33:14 PM
Just one robot seems out of place, more would better dissuade the loneliness.
~Aqua

And crowd the scene with additional unnecessary detail, imo.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Scotty

I'm tellin' ya, a bunch of 3D rendered pedo-bears would fit awfully nice!

Jake

Quote from: Scotty on August 04, 2010, 05:39:31 PM
I'm tellin' ya, a bunch of 3D rendered pedo-bears would fit awfully nice!
Whats funny is that there's probably a huge amount of tutorials out there for modeling them, haha.