News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

i got contacts everyone (:

Started by God-I-Suck, July 15, 2011, 07:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

I remember a long time ago I thought glasses looked really cool...and I always threw a temper tantrum when I was told I have 20/20. Nothing has changed. :/
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Kiegruen

Yeah like a couple of these guys here I'm fairly used to using contacts. Honestly I don't change them as often as I should though... I usually use them a month or so longer than I'm supposed to, however, I don't recommend that unless you really keep them clean and if they get uncomfortable, change them.

I actually need a new prescription before I can buy some more contacts but I'm too lazy and don't feel like forking over the money for another eye exam. :P

Anyways, I can offer a few words of advice when putting them in/taking them out:

In
1) Open your contact case and make sure you dip your contact and/or put some solution in the lens.
2) Grasp the contact gently with your index finger and thumb of your non-dominant hand.
3) Put the lens on the tip of your index finger of your dominant hand, making sure that the lens isn't inside out. (It shouldn't have a little extruding lip on the outside.)
4) While holding your bottom eyelid down with your non-dominant hand, insert the lens into eye gently. (This part comes with practice, just keep re-positioning the lens on the tip of your finger until you find a spot that works best.)
5) Move the lens around a little on your eye to make sure the air bubbles or out (or just press it down, but make sure not to scratch it with your nails.)
6) Blink.
7) Make any adjustments to the location of the lens if needed.

Out
1) Open the correct side of the contact case for the corresponding contact.
2) Hold your bottom eyelid down with your non-dominant index finger or thumb.
3) Move the lens slightly down to wear you can clearly see it off of the majority of your iris (if using a mirror, if not, just judge accordingly.)
4) Either pinch it gently (easier than other method if not using a mirror,) or roll it down of the inside of your eyelid and grab.
5) Place gently in the clean solution in your contact case.

I usually change solution in my case every night or as often as needed. That's what I do and it works for me. Eventually you can learn to do it without a mirror, but I suggest starting out that you use one. Good luck and cheers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~Kie~~~~~~~~~~~~
AKA That One Bro

God-I-Suck

thanks for the advice!

i just spent a little over 2 hours getting my contacts out and its the most amazing feeling finally getting them out! but sadly, i gotta do it again tomorrow :P but im gonna test them outside tomorrow. my eyelashes are so sore from pulling them back for so long. my lashes are extremely lengthy! girls tell me they want eyelashes like mine :P

EDIT: OMG! this morning i had my contact lense inside out and when i went to go pinch it, i tried another way and it worked! fantastic! i can do it with ease now! : DDD

krele

While it's really bad in practice, I borrowed my friend's red contacts for the night. Meh, some douchebags made fun of me saying I should stop doing drugs and calling me "edward" (that vampire guy). I thought it looks cool, what's the big deal D:

sk8terboi

Lol i wear contacts.. I also had blue ones before:o but those are harder to put in because their thinner :D
[SSSS]