News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

New Weapon Idea: Leaf Blade

Started by igufed, March 15, 2011, 03:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

Annnnd back on topic..

I really like igufed's inv icon of the wep, looks pretty cool. In addition, for a novice spriter, not too shabby ;)

For Pin's animation, although it's very well done, I'm not sure I could see it in-game? Maybe my imagination just sucks :P Either way, good job to both of you.

CherryPie

to be honest, i personally think the animation looks way better than LSB's animation..

igufed

If I would have seen the LSB animation before it was in-game, I wouldn't have thought it was going to be in the game.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

ARTgames

Hey. :) I like it! The sprite looks a little simple compared to Stick Online's stile to me but I can see it in the game. Than animation is something a little different but I still think fits the game. It does look like you did put work in it.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on March 22, 2011, 09:48:29 PM
Hey. :) I like it! The sprite looks a little simple compared to Stick Online's stile to me but I can see it in the game. Than animation is something a little different but I still think fits the game. It does look like you did put work in it.

It got kind of over-looked...

I posted this new icon sprite on page 2 to better match Pinball's interpretation of the weapon. (Not that there is anything wrong with Igufed's, but when Pinball animated it, it went from a blade/sword to more of a shorter/slashing weapon like a katana....which personally I think is better anyways seeing as it is supposed to be a swiftly swung, fast weapon.)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Wow I should have read the other post afterwards. Pinball's animation and your icon look better.

krele

Excuse me, I don't get it. Some of you posted how it hits two times, others posted how it hits two enemies... Big difference, so let's decide which case is true.

igufed

Quote from: krele on March 24, 2011, 03:38:47 PM
Excuse me, I don't get it. Some of you posted how it hits two times, others posted how it hits two enemies... Big difference, so let's decide which case is true.

Well, the way I thought it should be is just hitting 2 targets, not two times.  A few others I guess thought just because it had two swinging motions in the attack animation, it should hit twice; but that wasn't what I had in mind.

Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Zario777

It should hit twice which can hit up to two targets (one target per swing)
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

krele

Quote from: Zario777 on March 24, 2011, 08:11:20 PM
It's an annoyance to program.

T-Rok

Quote from: krele on March 26, 2011, 12:13:00 PM
...You make it spawn 2 hit boxes. One after the other. Not sure how annoying that would be.

RayRay

There's a difference of hitting twice and hitting two targets. The hitbox for 2 targets has 2 points. Each target it touches, it loses a point. When the points hit 0, it vanishes. It also vanishes on the next frame/step. The 2 hitboxes is rather different. They could both hit the same target, making it near impossible to hit 2 targets unless the target being hit has great acrobatics or died.

T-Rok

Quote from: RayRay on March 26, 2011, 02:52:52 PM
There's a difference of hitting twice and hitting two targets. The hitbox for 2 targets has 2 points. Each target it touches, it loses a point. When the points hit 0, it vanishes. It also vanishes on the next frame/step. The 2 hitboxes is rather different. They could both hit the same target, making it near impossible to hit 2 targets unless the target being hit has great acrobatics or died.

I know how hitboxes work -_-" The point isn't to hit two targets, its to attack twice per swing giving a chance for the second swing to miss.

Zario777

Either miss, or hit a different target
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

krele

Quote from: T-Rok on March 26, 2011, 12:32:11 PM
Quote from: krele on March 26, 2011, 12:13:00 PM
...You make it spawn 2 hit boxes. One after the other. Not sure how annoying that would be.
What makes you think this wasn't suggested already? If this was possible, I think it would've already been implemented. I agree it would be very cool, but something tells me if this wasn't added when the servers were public there's little to no chance of it being added now.