News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The golden blob

Started by CherryPie, April 11, 2011, 09:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CherryPie

Okay this or something similiar may have been suggested already, but still I see no clue, why this shouldn't be implemented.
Slashers are dropped so rarely from sg and well making it more common wouldn't really be the right choice, increasing the dux drop rate was, definitly.
The problem is that dux are only spawning during xmas giving players almost better chances for IS than slasher..

What I would suggest is a golden blob that spawns very very very rarely in a normal blob spawn spot and which has the same drops and chances as the deluxe present. What do you think? :p

God-I-Suck

Does it have same HP and damage as a normal blob? Sounds cool to me.

Lucifer

Quote from: CherryPie on April 11, 2011, 09:27:29 AM
Okay this or something similiar may have been suggested already, but still I see no clue, why this shouldn't be implemented.
Slashers are dropped so rarely from sg and well making it more common wouldn't really be the right choice, increasing the dux drop rate was, definitly.
The problem is that dux are only spawning during xmas giving players almost better chances for IS than slasher..

What I would suggest is a golden blob that spawns very very very rarely in a normal blob spawn spot and which has the same drops and chances as the deluxe present. What do you think? :p
Why not, outa curiosity?

foG

Oh no, please not... people would never ever come back to temple to train... and it will just be a pain to train...

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

igufed

I agree with foG.  There are plenty of things that spawn in the forest already.

I wouldn't be opposed to a new rare temple spawn, seeing as there are only two temple monsters.  (I'm not counting the cactii and SG possible spawns to the left of the temple as the temple.)
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

CherryPie

Quote from: igufed on April 11, 2011, 12:36:14 PM
I agree with foG.  There are plenty of things that spawn in the forest already.

I wouldn't be opposed to a new rare temple spawn, seeing as there are only two temple monsters.  (I'm not counting the cactii and SG possible spawns to the left of the temple as the temple.)

I was only searching for a way to give players a chance to actually obtain slashers from something else than the hardest and biggest monster in game, the golden blob could also spawn at temple, that wouldn't matter (make it a golden skele instead? ... :p)

igufed

Quote from: CherryPie on April 11, 2011, 01:05:59 PM
(make it a golden skele instead? ... :p)

Maybe not a 'golden' skele...  But, how about an 'older' skele. More grey than yellow.  Maybe a grey beard as well.  Uses a cane (could also be his attack, just a jab with his cane).  More hunched over than a regular skele.  Slower moving.

Extremely low hp, comparable to an RD or less.

Grandfather skele who is about to die of old age (eventhough he's technically already dead, being a skeleton and all, but still) and carries his rare possessions that may drop when you kill him.  *shrug*
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

CherryPie

Quote from: igufed on April 11, 2011, 01:31:21 PM
Quote from: CherryPie on April 11, 2011, 01:05:59 PM
(make it a golden skele instead? ... :p)

Maybe not a 'golden' skele...  But, how about an 'older' skele. More grey than yellow.  Maybe a grey beard as well.  Uses a cane (could also be his attack, just a jab with his cane).  More hunched over than a regular skele.  Slower moving.

Extremely low hp, comparable to an RD or less.

Grandfather skele who is about to die of old age (eventhough he's technically already dead, being a skeleton and all, but still) and carries his rare possessions that may drop when you kill him.  *shrug*
You my friend define creativity!

jackel1994

How about a re-sprited BBB so its gold and it can spawn Left of temple (giving that area more of a use), Main temple, right of temple and desert. It could have a higer agi then BBB with more health.

Matty_Richo

I agree with the golden blob idea, but I don't think it should drop the same stuff as a SG. I think it should drop things like the flame gauntlet and the gravity crown etc... It'd give a reason to go back to that area but not to leave the desert altogether. And I do like the idea of an elder skeleton or whatever dropping Slasher or fed or gb, as SG is the only way to get them when it's not Christmas, and considering there are only about 10 people with slashers (only about 3 dropped from SG) I think it could be something worth doing.

stick d00d

I like the idea, it'd be a lot better then searching the entire map for deluxe presents during Christmas event(especially players with low agility) or waiting for the occasional SG, because even when there are SG's it takes so long to kill them that people don't show up until they are close to dead, which is annoying when there's only 3-4 people killing it or less.

Zario777

EFF YES (excuse my french) FOR THE GRAVITY CROWN DROP!
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Underclass

I would indeed like a monster that would drop deluxe presents but it should be something easily killable for everyone so no flashy agi or massive dmg&hp please. And I agree that it should spawn in desert.

Kiegruen

I like the idea, but it shouldnt spawn all the way over there in noobland where no one goes... it'd bring everyone back and there would be way too much competition to who gets one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Kie~~~~~~~~~~~~
AKA That One Bro

Forum

A new successor to the DS that spawns at temple and little to west of desert would be nice.
Officially quitted