News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

DropBox

Started by sly 3 4 me, April 28, 2011, 10:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sly 3 4 me

Hey guys, this thread is for a nice program/website called DropBox. DropBox allows you to have a folder on your computer which can directly sync to their website. This allows you to drag, or drop, as the name refers to, and have the files uploaded online. The files can then be run or viewed as normal while they are linked to the site. You can download the files then on another computer by using your login details which you installed the DropBox application on. This allows quick(I was receiving around 1.5 MBps) download speed for files which you need on the spot. It installs as a folder to the default location of 'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Dropbox'. The free version of DropBox allows for 2GB of storage, possible to increase up to 10GB with referrals or special offers. The other options it allows are 50 Gb of storage for $9.99 per month or $99.00 per year, and 100 GB of storage for $19.99 per month or $199.00 per year. Note: For those wondering if this allows direct FTP transfer from the site, it does not. The files can easily be downloaded on Itouches, Ipads, etc.

Summary: Free storage online. (2 GB for free, possible upgrade to 10 GB for free also.)

Here's an image of the folder directory it will install: Credits to picture owner.. Edit: Another picture, other one messed up or someone tried to edit it to be smaller and messed it up.

The green check mark means it's finished downloading, and a blue arrow spinning in a circle means it's in the process of uploading. The program is set to cap the upload if you're downloading other links, but it can be changed in the options if you right click the tray icon in the taskbar.

I'd appreciate it if you do consider to use DropBox that you request it through my referral link, it allows you to gain an extra 250 MB of space at the beginning, for a max of 10.25 GB if you increase your referral amount. There's no point in not using it since you will be able to have 250 MB of extra space at the beginning. It also helps me to gain some extra space also.  :)

The link will direct to the page to create an account using an email address, the next page after this will be the direct download page for the application. The download is 14.1 MB. It installs in around a minute, you can use the information you used in the page before the download as your account.

Here's my link for the referral download: http://db.tt/s9l1km4

Thanks to all who decide to check out DropBox, it's very cool.  :)

Scotty

Dropbox is genius, been using it for a couple of months.  I hope whoever came up with the idea makes bank off of it.

ARTgames

I have been using it. Its not bad.