News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

weapon levels

Started by wrinkles, January 08, 2010, 12:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrinkles

I was thinking the more u use a weapon the better it gets and when u get to a certain point the weapon changes its look for example..
Short sword
When it gets to x level it turns into a long sword
and when it gets to 2x it turns into something better.. maybe a champion long sword that looks really cool or something like that

This way there is something else to do in SO not just to find hats/weapons and get to level 100..

Maybe there is only 3 levels on them..
Level 1 - ordinary weapon
Level 2 - Improved weapon
Level 3 - Champion weapon

LeGuy

Whee!

wrinkles

im guessing thats a game, ive never heard of it in my life.. i got the idea off God of war but the idea has been modified..
In god of war u find red orbs and you use them on a weapon that u might not even use, this idea means u have to use the weapon for it to level.. 

Lucifer

As much as I love systems of leveling up your weapons, or increasing your skill in them, I don't see it fitting in stick online. I could see something along the lines of collecting multiple rare items and combining them, *shrug*.

wrinkles

yer true that.. im trying to think a way to make the battling more interesting, not the same weapons and animations..

when u meen combine them, do u meen weild to weapons at once or like morph them together.. for example ( not the best one ) a wooden hammer with inferno sword .. makes inferno hammer? lol

HeroicHero

Quote from: LeGuy on January 08, 2010, 01:21:23 AM
...Cave Story.

What a coincidence. I just downloaded Cave Story a couple hours ago. Awesome game by the way.

On Topic: I'd rather have a really large amount of weapons available to players.

wrinkles

The idea is for all weapons in the game to have 3 level stages.. but as luc said it doesnt fit.. which is probably true.. lol

Lucifer

Quote from: wrinkles on January 08, 2010, 02:27:12 AM
yer true that.. im trying to think a way to make the battling more interesting, not the same weapons and animations..

when u meen combine them, do u meen weild to weapons at once or like morph them together.. for example ( not the best one ) a wooden hammer with inferno sword .. makes inferno hammer? lol
Well, combining different types literally, or combining multiple of the same weapon for a better item with perhaps a slight difference in animation. Either of those ideas could fit. The loot system right needs a way to make use of your extra rare items, and this could be a good way to do that. Of course who knows how the loot system will change in So3.
Quote from: wrinkles
The idea is for all weapons in the game to have 3 level stages.. but as luc said it doesnt fit.. which is probably true.. lol
<.< >.> What bothers me about this post, is it makes me wonder if you ever thought about your idea actually fitting into the game at all. Normally when one tells another their idea doesn't fit, they actually have some argument to support it.. hence why they posted it to begin with...

wrinkles

I wasnt too sure whether it would fit into SO or not, i just wanted to see what other players thought.

If more people said yer it would work well with SO then i would of added more thought into it.. 

mikkelet

I think it would be waay too much inbalancing. And I hardly think Meiun would spend his time on this implenting this when the current system works just perfectly

Lucifer

Quote from: mikkelet on January 08, 2010, 12:36:12 PM
I think it would be waay too much inbalancing. And I hardly think Meiun would spend his time on this implementing this when the current system works just perfectly
The current system has way too much repetitive farming involved. Sometimes it takes weeks for someone to farm a rare item, or they don't ever even get it at all. (Case in point, Celson farmed BBBs before the desert update for a wooden hammer until what.. 60? And finally got one from a Cactus at around 70?) I wouldn't call that perfect. Now, generally people aren't that completely luckless. They are blessed occasionally with items they weren't searching for, or multiples of hats they already had. Wouldn't it be nice to do something with those multiples?

Lingus

Quote from: wrinkles on January 08, 2010, 01:58:58 AM
im guessing thats a game, ive never heard of it in my life.. i got the idea off God of war but the idea has been modified..
In god of war u find red orbs and you use them on a weapon that u might not even use, this idea means u have to use the weapon for it to level.. 

Quote from: LeGuy on January 08, 2010, 01:21:23 AM
...Cave Story.

Yes. I actually love this idea.

I'm taking the opposite approach to Luc and HeroicHero. I would rather have less items that tend to level up as you go than more items. The reason being that you can find a decent item at low level and continue to use it and always have a pretty decent item because it will level as you go. If you don't end up finding any more items (as the case tends to be in SO) then you're still doing okay. If you happen to find a higher quality item, it will be good, but not great because you need to level it up. So you now have a choice of a lower quality, higher level item, or a higher quality, lower level item. If you switch to the higher quality it will be a bit harder at first but once it levels more you will have a better item. Either way it's pretty much win/win.

In addition, this allows for more variety with less required work. High level of items will just tweak certain stats slightly. Maybe slightly faster attack animation, lower delay, less stam used, or higher damage... or any combination depending on the quality of the item. In addition, the animations don't necessarily need to change. Or if they do it wouldn't need to be drastic. Maybe just an overlay, so the base item sprite stays the same, but as it levels up a different overlay sprite is added. Such as the swing frame of a sword goes from white (kind of like the GS) to glowing yellow. Or a sword could be slightly lengthened to make the reach a bit longer.

NotoriousM4^

No, I'd rather have weapons and hats, that have the chance to have slightly higher, or lower stats when dropped.

Cactuscat222

I love this idea. It would also would be awesome to see the weapon/hat change in look/style as it levels up, it would be nearly the same as getting new items.

Plus, if you have a large variety of weapons each unique in the way they work (sort of like S.O. is now, with fast weapons, slow weapons, multiple hit weapons), then once you find the weapon or style you enjoy most, you can work up that weapon so that it becomes powerful. That way, if you really like the katana, but it doesn't scale well with other higher-up weapons, then you can level it so it has more of a chance.

Also, I think its stupid to say "this doesn't fit". In honesty, its a game... and the owner decides what goes in and what doesn't. He decides what fits and what doesn't, and if he decides having Ponies in the game is the next best thing, then Ponies it is.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Aqua

Maybe leveling hats would be better. Leveling weapons is a strain (I think) on the spriters. Hats you can just recolor and touch up... Maybe regular>steel>gold; or Frog>Froggy>Toad
It's okay, but you don't really give a reason to level the items.
~Aqua