News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Luck Hat (new hat)

Started by Manzy, December 27, 2009, 10:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manzy

For those of you who don't know me I an Manzy, a new member to the forums and game. During my short time of game play I noticed that it can be frustrating trying to get a desired drop from a specific monster (mainly those dang cactus monsters trying to get a WH). Anyway, to get to the point I would like to suggest a new hat. This was inspired by hearing someone joke with me about how the hatchet improved the drop percentage. What I wanted was just that, a hat that would slightly improve your drop percentage. I did some small research (google search :P) on hats that are said to be lucky and naturally the images I got were leprechaun hats.

That was one result I found a little funny.

Just to clarify- the hat would only increase your chances slightly with no other bonuses at all (this is most likely to keep balance in the game).

Well that is all I have. Comments and critisism welcome. (not too much critisism hopefully)

I do hope this was not alreaddy suggested. (or another item that does this hehe)

EDIT: Drop as in Item drops

EDIT: Just got a WH from a BBB. :)

Aqua

Interesting. I'm glad you posted a general picture of it, as most do not go near as far. I would not mind seeing it in game, but I'd like to know what others have got to say about this.
~Aqua

ARTgames

Manzy

Bo-sox

cool i like the idea, with it would be put into the game.

Cactuscat222

Yeah. The fact that it wouldn't do anything else besides a slight increase of items (and maybe even increased gold drop) would be fair.

However, the only problem I see, is how this would work: What if the person wore a Dragoon or something else for most of that battle, as at it went on, switched to the hat? Maybe for the increased drop to work, you would have to have worn the "Lucky Hat" for the entire battle, for every hit you put on the enemy, otherwise, the effects are nullified.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Manzy

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on December 27, 2009, 10:17:06 PM
Yeah. The fact that it wouldn't do anything else besides a slight increase of items (and maybe even increased gold drop) would be fair.

However, the only problem I see, is how this would work: What if the person wore a Dragoon or something else for most of that battle, as at it went on, switched to the hat? Maybe for the increased drop to work, you would have to have worn the "Lucky Hat" for the entire battle, for every hit you put on the enemy, otherwise, the effects are nullified.

This would work nicely with the fact that there is no health bars. I do know that there are other players who have the health of a monster in memory but this is an advantage for them. As far as I know, the drop is not predetermined (if I am wrong about this please tell me). Whenever the monster dies that is when the wheel spins and determines what drop you will receive. So switching right before death is a good little trick you would be able to pull.

However, I am not sure if anything of what I said above is correct so don't quote me on it.

EpicPhailure

Or perhaps the longer you wear it without taking it off, the bonus would increase until it got to a limit, at which point it wouldn't accumulate anymore. When you unequip it, the bonus resets to the original boost amount.

wrinkles

awesome idea, but it could be a bit harder to kill the monstrs coz the hat doesnt get stats up.. maybe if there was a lucky charm implemented, you dont where it, it just sits there in your inventory... anywayz.. i'd like to see something that increases drop rates in SO2 and SO3...

Forum

Officially quitted

Cactuscat222

Quote from: wrinkles on December 28, 2009, 12:45:27 AM
awesome idea, but it could be a bit harder to kill the monstrs coz the hat doesnt get stats up.. maybe if there was a lucky charm implemented, you dont where it, it just sits there in your inventory... anywayz.. i'd like to see something that increases drop rates in SO2 and SO3...

Well that is the point of it. As a result of not getting bonus stats from the hat, you get a higher chance at an item. Its a trade off, and that is what would make the hat fair.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

ARTgames

Ok.

Now i don't think you should half to ware this hat the whole time your fighting the monster. Because it would turn this hat into the only hat you see while people are grinding.

I also don't think some one should be able to put the hat on, hit the monster, and take it off and get the effect.

The two ways i think this hat could work is one:
You haft to get an amount of damage on the monster while you have it on.
or
You half to be wearing the hat and get the last hit to kill the monster.

JoEL

Quote from: ARTgames on December 28, 2009, 04:55:19 AM
Ok.

Now i don't think you should half to ware this hat the whole time your fighting the monster. Because it would turn this hat into the only hat you see while people are grinding.

or it could be very rare...or maybe come in different shapes or forms. Very well thought out idea, I like it.

Aqua

Quote from: JoEL on December 28, 2009, 09:07:09 AM
Ok.

or it could be very rare...or maybe come in different shapes or forms. Very well thought out idea, I like it.

I'd say expensive over rare. If it was rare, it would make the lucky people luckier.
~Aqua

11clock

Ok.

I also don't think some one should be able to put the hat on, hit the monster, and take it off and get the effect.

The two ways i think this hat could work is one:
You haft to get an amount of damage on the monster while you have it on.
or
You half to be wearing the hat and get the last hit to kill the monster.

Or you have to be wearing the hat when the monster dies.